Crich03

I'm an idiot

I installed my Sundown SAX 1200d got it tuned the way I like it then broke my RCA's inside the amp's input terminals... I hooked my AQ1200d back up(I had some tsunami RCA's I never used) so I have to send my amp back to DB-r to get the RCA terminals fixed.

Edited by Crich03

Try soldering something to the pin inside the RCA and pull it out.

i donno about the soldier idea.. but i would take it apart and see if i can push it out...

HTF do you do somthing like that?? unless you didnt mount the amp.

i donno about the soldier idea.. but i would take it apart and see if i can push it out...

It was a pita but I did it after a shop broke the RCA pins inside my amp inputs. On my Alpine you couldn't push them out from the inside.

Edited by ricksi30

I had the amp half mounted because I was in the middle of installing it(user error lol) I learned my lesson though

Good idea I will take it apart and try that

It was a pita but I did it after a shop broke the RCA pins inside my amp inputs. On my Alpine you couldn't push them out from the inside.

What the hell kinda hacks work at that shop that they would break the pins off rca jacks?

lol, you would be very surprised at who can get hired at these shops.

And I can't. Ain't that a bish?

I don't get it either, I tried for years to get hired at EBgames and gamestop and shit, they never did hire me and instead always had some dumbasses who didn't know shit about games working in them. I guess a lifetime of playing/collecting/researching all sorts of games from Pong-present isn't acceptable. I had more games than the store and still wasn't good enough. I think it's all about who you know in most cases.

On top of doing it they decided to use a splitter on the remaining channel and not tell me. My front stage was running off of a single channel on a two channel amp. The worst part about this was that it was all new equiptment that I bought from THEM. They broke my A pillar, used 8 gauge for a 1000 watt amp. I had to go to work after I picked up the car, so I couldn't bring it back until the next day. They denied it all and said I must have done it after I left. That was when I was 16 and the reason I learned how to do things myself.

On top of doing it they decided to use a splitter on the remaining channel and not tell me. My front stage was running off of a single channel on a two channel amp. The worst part about this was that it was all new equiptment that I bought from THEM. They broke my A pillar, used 8 gauge for a 1000 watt amp. I had to go to work after I picked up the car, so I couldn't bring it back until the next day. They denied it all and said I must have done it after I left. That was when I was 16 and the reason I learned how to do things myself.

I know most people change amp or headunit settings after they leave a shop but honestly who would change out amp wire or speakers in the A-pillars, if that was the case then why even bring it to the shop and let them install it in the first place. Fucking morons I swear

It really sucked at the time, but looking back it was a lesson learned and Idk if I'd have half the knowledge about car audio that I do had it not happened.

Edited by ricksi30

It really sucked at the time, but looking back it was a lesson learned and Idk if I'd have half the knowledge about car audio that I do had it not happened.

Trust me thats how I got into car audio myself, let some clowns at Best Buy do a radio and system install to only have me tweaking it every so often cause of there stupidity.

I'm learning everyday through making dumb mistakes like this... Lucky for me I had another amp in my closet and another set of RCA's or I would be without bass right now.

To add closure to this post I fixed the SAX 1200d today and it's beating up my BL again

To add closure to this post I fixed the SAX 1200d today and it's beating up my BL again

Awesome! What did you do?

X2 always interested in finding out how to fix/figure out problems.

I used a small screw and screwdriver... I screwed the screw into the soft part inside of the metal RCA piece and pulled it out.

I can't take credit for figuring it out. I got the solution from db-r, then really felt like an idiot cause it made sense lol