Sign in to follow this  
CBFryman

Another Enclosure + New Amp

Scrap enclosure. i was going to finish a wicked one with the scraps from the box for hte 2 10's but i ended up lacking the correct lengths so i scrapped the 1/2 finished wicked one to make this, its almsot a perfect cube and is 1cuft @38Hz. Im Going to get some vid of the speaker in it which moves like a mother when it isnt in an enclsoure...high tuning means unloading :domoslay: . its just some POS speaker from a $60 bass tube. It be a pretty decent speaker if it had more BL.

Picture139.jpg

this may be for sale for anyone that wants it after i play with it. Would go nice with a W7 8 or even a TB 8. could even cut the hole out larger and drop a 10 in. for more low end just add some elbows and vuala. Im thinking maybe $35 + Shipping or $50 shipped. it will be finished off and bondo's and painted with truck bed liner or rubberized coating. i may also sell it locally for a bit more.

And my DEI 1100D from Scott G came in. Now im waiting for an RMA # from Ikessound so i can get me a new amp. and either 1, run m Ava 18 off of it or 2 sell it locally for 200 or so.

Picture138.jpg

Chaulk is teh win

More chaulk = better seal... n00bx

actually my jig saw skills evaded me today....holes for the ports wherent exactly round. bottom was just me wipeing my fingers clean.

thanks. After i realized i wasnt going ot be able to finish the wickedo ne i was like "chit" then i started doing some measurements and found i could make a 15" x 15" x 13.5" cube box...some messign in winISD for like 30sec and 1cuft@38Hz seemed nice and it only needed to be 14x14x13.5 to get 1cuft net displacement. sweet. lol. so i go out in the back yard (at this point im bored waiting on money from customer to finish 2 10's enclsoure) and 2.5hrs later. Just played with it a little. even with the speaker starting to smell near tuning im not getting much port velocity and only have 6.28 sqin....hmmmm... which got me thinkinging. there is room for 2 3" Aero ports tuned decently low (below 40Hz) and that should suffice for a w7 8....so if anyone sees a good deal on a used w7 8 and doesnt want it for themself hit me up. :)

why do you need an RMA#?

i got the amp for $70 shipped, it's broken, came broke, is under warranty. so they will either 1.) give me an RMA# or 2 i will go to miami and raise hell.

DOA = teh svck. Warranty ftw. My stuff has been out of warranty for years.

DOA = teh svck.  Warranty ftw.  My stuff has been out of warranty for years.

not your sub :smileyR: