Dangrebel

New motor dp21? Getting hot?

Well I've had the sub for a few weeks now, it's on a crescendo bc2000d. I've noticed after about 2min I can reach back and feel the dust cap and it's pretty warm, if I keep playing like it like that it just stays that temp and I never smell coil... What I'm wondering is, is there a certain temp the coil runs at with the new motor? Is it still breaking in causing it to be a little hotter? Help me out y'all, I don't won't to melt this beast haha

99% of the power you put into it is wasted as heat, it will get warm.

Appreciate it, I just didn't know if that was bad. I've had subs that I ran over the rms but never got hot like this.

warm is ok... hot is bad!

my NS v2s trip me out every time.. ill wang the dog shit out of them for 3 songs stright, and i pop my trunk thinking there gonna be warm hot now....

cool as a fan, maybe the amp will be warm.. nope.

god damn sundown did it again! always surprising me.

first pair of subs i have ever had stay this cool.

'Hot' is also subjective...what is hot to you may not be hot to me. If you really want to be accurate, measure the temperature of the voice coil, if it's getting close to the maximum operating parameters you need to change something in your system, I believe the epoxy on most coils melts around 500 degrees F.

I wouldn't consider a warmer dustcap bad. It might actually be beneficial as it may indicate that the driver is better utilizing the dustcap as a heatsink for the voice coil, transferring heat away from the coil. As Duran said, the only true way to know when it's bad is by actually measuring the voice coil temperature.

Well I think it's just the sub using the dustcap sorta as a heat sink because it stays a constant temp the whole time, so I guess that's normal because of the motor design. But man this thing slams!!!!!