bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Audiobahn Flame series question?

whats up everyone, its been awhile since iv been on because i moved and didnt have any internet. so as some of you know i got my 2 sa-10's and my aq2200 stolen out of my car a few months ago and ever since then iv had no bumps :( but a few days ago a buddy of mine gave me 2 12" audiobahn flame series subs i think there the aw1206t models, i havnt heard much about these except there 1100 wrms and im pretty sure there daul 4ohm. they are in a sealed box not sure the volume. it has 2 separete teminals for each sub to hook up too. so my question is how would i wire them up like that if there is 2 terminals and does that mean i should get a 2ch amp or what? i want to push about 500w to each sub considering i still have a stock alt. any help would be appreciated

Anyone know what to do on this subject? 2 12" daul 4ohm with their own terminals, to do i wire that up because 12volt shows how to wire 2 subs to 1 terminal but iv never had 2 terminals before. I want to run 500 watts to each and im going to buy an amp today and need to know if i need a mono or 2ch and how do i hook them up

bump

Would really appreciate help on this topic because i need to purchase an amp soon before i leave to go back home. 2 dual 4ohm subs in their own separete chamber in one sealed box with their own terminal. how do i wire them up to see a 1ohm or 2ohm load or what. i know how to wire up 2 subs to one terminal on the box but never had 2 seperate terminals on one box before

its the same as if you were wiring two subs to one terminal. wire each sub down to 2 ohms. you'll have 2 2 ohm loads. then, wire them into a mono block amp as if the terminals were the subs and the amp were the terminal. tada, 1 ohm load

Topper covered it. I had two of these in a pre fab ported box on a 1000 watt Memphis amp for my first system. I kinda wish I kept them to experiment with now that I'm more knowledgeable with car audio.

ok i kinda get it instead of wiring them together in the box you wire them together at the amp? is that right. i havnt heard much about these but i know that audiobahn isnt the greatest but these are at the top of audiobahns chart, so are these subs pretty decent, im keeping them because i got them for nothing :)

so i just take the pos of both terminals on the box and put them in the same terminal on the amp and both neg from the box and put them in the same trminal on the amp with a mono amp to get a 4ohm load? That is if i wire them each to 2ohms inside the box on the sub

Yes. Except you'd have a final load of 1 ohm, not 4.

so now my question is what kinda amp can i get that is decent quality pushes around 1000wrms @ 1ohm and budget of like 100-150. either used or new just want a decent amp for cheap

Look into audiopipe. Usually some good buy it now deals on eBay.