Sign in to follow this  
oxsign

Whats best for what I want????

I think this is the right place to put this. Ok, I want loud, but not "boomy" bass. Is that possible??? I will be pushing my 2 RL-p 15's with an A2400DB Power Acoustik amp (1800w rms @1ohm). Would my best bet be to go with a sealed box?? Or should I go with a ported one?? I listen to hiphop, rock, and everything in between. I would like to have a good LSQ system. Any info you can give me would be great. Thx, Victor. B)

P.S. this system is going into a s10 xcab. So the subs will be inside with me not in a trunk. :rockwoot:

I am going to take a stab and say that Mike might reccomend around a 2.5 cube per 15 and tune around the 28-32 hz range, that will keep great output and minimize the BOOMiness

I have my RL-p tuned to 27hz and there is no sence of boomy output

Generically speaking since I do not have the 15's nor do I have a ported RLp. Ported boxes are loud and only boomy (with the SS drivers) if they are tuned inappropriately (typically too high). Just make sure you follow Mike's recommended specs for the first shot and tune from there. I built my box to his specs and it rocks.

Thx for the info guys. I just want to make sure that I give these sub what they deserve. :wub: