Sign in to follow this  
SpeakerBoy

Speakerbackpack 5.0

Like the title says, im building a new speakerbag. The fun of causing mischief at the mall and walmart n stuff has disappeared, I want this one for something easily movable, for bragging rights, but mostly as my room system. The backpack aspect makes it more fun =)

I am purchasing 12 bazooka OEM 5" subwoofer/midbass drivers, and three 20wrms x2ch Class T amps. I have my two previous batteries (12v Motorcyle battery, 12.5v modem battery) to power the amps, they run on 12v. I have four 5.25" mid/highs speakers already, and will add foam baffles to finish those off If i can work them in. I'm thinking (8) 5's isobaric, sealed, w/ polyfill, in .5cuft. I'm not really looking for bass so much as a strong punch. Hence the 8 drivers.

I'm thinking Isobaric, due to the space available (I need 8 for impedance reasons, more motor force is a plus =D). I am using a 12x12x(5.5inches at the top, 7 at the bottom)(about) Guitar amp box. I gutted it, and will put a new baffle on to hold the subs. Looking at it now, If i left The back open (that side is against my back while wearing it) Could I get more kick from the 5's? alternatively, I can buy a bag of polyfill and seal the box.

Considering selenium Super tweeters on the straps. four maybe, two aiming up at me, two facing forward.

Meant to be a fun project; so don't hate :peepwall::P

Subs

Amps

Both got excellent reviews.

:dancing:

i ordered 16 of those drivers my self.

infact look who showed up today!

2011-11-11_10-22-10_414.jpg

and a little somthing for my wrecker!

2011-11-11_10-22-40_521.jpg

and a bunch of other shit,

I just ordered 4! Figured why not, i am sure i can make something with them in the shop!!

=D how do they sound? I need punchy and deep.

Also considering these subs

run from this amp

Also, that amp would kick ass with the 8 bzka'a four ohm load per channel; awesome. 80wrms. ten extra watts per sub to placebo the fuck out of my brain.

the results will come from the encloser. but the Xmax is more on the 6.5's

you know that the 5s are 2ohm right?

the results will come from the encloser. but the Xmax is more on the 6.5's

you know that the 5s are 2ohm right?

yessir, i know.

If i stuffed it with polyfill, and ported it, at like 38hz, would that be effective? 8 mounted iso.

Can the extra motor force make up for a small box? the 8 would run at 4ohms a channel. 40 watts apiece. rumor has it that silver amp is a powerhouse.

same as usual, as much thump as possible. super tweeters got the high end, along with a 4x10 horn.

I may order like 30 of those Bazookas wow!

I may order like 30 of those Bazookas wow!

only thing holding me back is the sale of my subs. i want to sell every thing i have audio wise, to pay for this. everything is cosmetically fucked, but perfom great for what i paid. three tens, (two pro, one home theatre) four bookshelf speakers, (two different pairs) a pro 7", yeah.... I need $$$ lol