Any one tried the eminence mids? Seems very similar to the sundown offerings and the price seems great.

Wonder how they will go with some morel supremo tweets.

I have used their pa speakers with great results but idk about car speakers.

Any other suggestions welcome. Application loud daily but sq is important.

Thx

Tuned in for this. I've heard good things about them but haven't used or heard them. I'm going active pretty soon so any input would be great.

Which Eminence mids, from my understanding all there speakers are PA speakers so let us know what models your talking about. Unless your looking at the 10" Delta's or bigger drivers then yes most of them are just midrange drivers where the midbass is non-exisitent. They sound good and I used to run some, I have no experience with the new Eminators that they just released but even there specs are geared toward to PA speakers.

iv used 2 10" deltas. i put bass blockers on them soo it was pretty much a pa. really really loud..id say not so much sq but sounds better then the pa from radio shack.

Yeah i was talking about them eminators. Im also worried that they would sound very pa ish. Though i would not mind the pa punch

As with anything there are trade offs. With pa speakers mid bass is sacrificed greatly.

I'm running ia comps but I'm thinking of doing some seleniums. The comps just can't keep up with the bass.

I'm running ia comps but I'm thinking of doing some seleniums. The comps just can't keep up with the bass.

go pa then. seleniums are great, have used them. and are a lot cheaper than comps.

to chevyboy im thinking of putting 2 6.5s in my doors with no tweets. do you think that would be louder then having the comps?

Your 6.5" component set can't keep up with a single 12?

nope they do ok...but i have to set the bass pretty low to even hear the words. the 12 gets nasty loud in my truck. and im putting in 2 15s this upcoming week.

Are the components amped?

yea i had them on 3 different amps. thinking it may be the amp the biggest one was a sony 4ch. the current one im running is some crap ass tis brand walmart crap (i ran diff amps because te first went out on me then i borrowed one then got the current one for free). im going to get a better amp befor i spend the cash ti replace the comps. you have the same comps as me right?

Components should be able to keep up.

Any way the selenium's are way too much PA for my liking. Thats why I was thinking PA nature'd driver intended for car use such as the sundown neo's or these eminence's.

Guess I will try them the price is low enough that I wont cry if I end up not liking them.

No sir, I am running a pair of pa mids atm.

o idk man i think it may just be the trailblazer speaker set up the door speaker is almost right next to my foot. the sq is pretty damn good just not that loud to me. tommy from kob showed me his 3 sets in his diesel amped they are loud really loud more then what id need. so i thought just one set would do.

No sir, I am running a pair of pa mids atm.

which one's and how do you like them?

Problem with many PA mids is that you cant cross them low enough.

These however should be happy at 100 maybe 120 with a slacker slope

I like them for what they are, mine are hp crossed ~120. The only gripe is the complete lack of bass. I am using the Powerbass 4xl 8" pa mids.

I like them for what they are, mine are hp crossed ~120. The only gripe is the complete lack of bass. I am using the Powerbass 4xl 8" pa mids.

?

Where is your sub at 60, 80?

~70 if I recall correctly

My mids have a crack over the cone due to some shop putting the door cards on wrongly. By the time i found it the problem it was too late already. The sound has become worse over time.