aboveak

SAE-1200D V.2 burnt resistors/capacitor burnt?

So before i decided to put the amp back in the truck after its been out for a year, i decided to just check out the board for shits and giggles, and saw this

amp002.jpg

amp001.jpg

So i want to get this fixed but I don't have a repair shop near me and it'd cost an arm an a leg to ship it somewhere in the lower 48 to get fixed. If i were to ship it out i might as well just get a new amp, so i'd like to attempt to fix this myself. Idk if the resistors are bad for sure as i cant get to the other side with the dmm to test them.

If i could get any kind of help such as where to get parts or anything informative i'd greatly appreciate it. I see on one of the other caps it says "222j 630v" so im pretty sure thats one thing i need...? idk i'm kind of lost in this area but i can solder so i have thing going for me.

I haven't hooked up the amp recently but it worked fine when i took it out. I'm continuously trying to find so more info on this and i might as well throw this topic out and hopefully get a little guidance in the right direction

WOW shitty man, give dB-R a ring and they can help you out if Jacob can't send you loose parts, "looks" like a simple fix, could be something more though

Julian hit the nail on the head there maybe more wrong then you think and how much is shipping going to cost you? (I am on my cell and can't see where you are located ) I don't recall shipping bring more thrn 30$ from Canada to db-r

Wait did you even try to plug it in and use it yet ? You said it was out of service for a year my question is if it worked before for you and then you put it in storage what happened to it how would a part go bad from just sitting in a closet

I would first take the board totally out and make sure nothing is touching the case -- and from there we can probably help find some parts.

I do have a few complete 1200D v.2 boards still as well.

HOLY cow That cap is dead! I didn't see that picture that clearly on my cell but i am on a PC now! wow that thing is fried!

So i hooked up the amp to see if there were any problems. It worked fine from what i could tell. No protect light and it had output, but i'd like to at the very least replace the cap.

It looks like shipping to DB-R is about $50 regularly, but it's almost double that due to it being the holiday season. By the time i sent the amp out, get it fixed, and shipped back i would have rather just bought a new amp. I'm going to upgrade to the 2500 soon so i just want the 1200 to last me till then.

I appreciate the responses i got. Jacob sent you a PM about the v2 board and cap

looks like they sent you the wrong cap in that amp. That's a suicide bomber cap LOL. maybe his name was achmed because he failed to kill the amp? :popcorn:

looks like they sent you the wrong cap in that amp. That's a suicide bomber cap LOL. maybe his name was achmed because he failed to kill the amp? :popcorn:

SILENCE!! I KILL YOU!!

this reminds me of the time that one of my mtx 81000d's wasnt grounded properly (painted surface, OOPS!) and the amps was smoking and I mean SMOKING!!! white smoke filled my entire car. I turned it off and let it all cool down. Tried it out an hour later and the amp still played just fine. Used it for another 3-4 months and then sold it to a friend after he had listened to it working fine. took him 1 day to break it.... how??? who knows, but I found it funny :roflmao:

I just realized this amp didnt ship to me till 12/30/09. The warranty doesn't start till it's in your possession correct? This was paid in a pre-order 2 months prior to 12/30/09 so i should be still covered?

Confirmation would be greatly appreciated

I assume you haven't heard back from Jacob yet then ( sundownz@sundownaudio.com )

I assume you haven't heard back from Jacob yet then ( sundownz@sundownaudio.com )

I did but he stopped replying :ughdunno:

It's been like 5 days since i got a response so i was just going to get a Crescendo bc3500 and let you know about the 1200d but if it's under warranty might as well get it fixed and get a new amp later on when i planned to

I did but he stopped replying :ughdunno:

It's been like 5 days since i got a response so i was just going to get a Crescendo bc3500 and let you know about the 1200d but if it's under warranty might as well get it fixed and get a new amp later on when i planned to

Working on e-mails this morning.

Edited by sundownz