I recently purchased a 12 inch dcon and was wondering if it would benefit from a class A/B amp or if I should just buy a class D. What do you guys think?

Do you think it matters?

I think what matters is whether or not the amp to be used is quality or not.

it's easy to find a bunch of cheap class d amps but it pays to spend more and get a quality amp. and that doesnt just mean it wont break on you, real world performance (not just sine wave tests) is key.

I think the class D would be more efficient. :peepwall:

There are many high quality class D amplifiers, and many terrible class A/B amplifiers.

Haha ^^^ sorry if it was a stupid question. Could you guys suggest a good amp for me that pushes a clean 300 watts at 2 ohm.

Edited by kh2456

Do you have a budget in mind?

I did a Rockford Fosgate 200.2 on a 12" DCON with great results.

I run a Sundown SAX125.2 on my dcon. I have a barely used one for sale if you are interested. Its a nice class AB amplifier

I run a Sundown SAX125.2 on my dcon. I have a barely used one for sale if you are interested. Its a nice class AB amplifier

I now wish I bought a SVC instead of the DVC haha. I'm gonna be running it in parallel so its gonna be a 2ohm load.

I now wish I bought a SVC instead of the DVC haha. I'm gonna be running it in parallel so its gonna be a 2ohm load.

Yeah you wouldn't be able to bridge the 125.2 with dvc unless you hooked it up at 8ohm. But you would be able to hook up to one of the channels. 200wrms @ 2ohm.

I used to use a rockfod fosgate P300.1 on my first dcon.

I was looking at that amp as well, seems to have many good reviews. How did it preform with your dcon? Overall good results?

I was looking at that amp as well, seems to have many good reviews. How did it preform with your dcon? Overall good results?

It performed great and is still going in some other persons car along with the dcon 10.

It performed great and is still going in some other persons car along with the dcon 10.

Awesome looks like I'm purchasing this amp. What gauge wire would you recommend? Rockford says 4 do you think I could get away with true 8 gauge or no?

Awesome looks like I'm purchasing this amp. What gauge wire would you recommend? Rockford says 4 do you think I could get away with true 8 gauge or no?

4 to be safe.

Don't go cheap on the install, it's what matter the most. Get 4 ga if the amp has 4 ga inputs. What are your plans for your box?

8awg should be more than enough. I would also use 4 though most likely, or even 1/0 then reduce to whatever is needed at the amp. I can't leave well enough alone though and always think about possible future upgrades.

Don't go cheap on the install, it's what matter the most. Get 4 ga if the amp has 4 ga inputs. What are your plans for your box?

Ok sounds good I'll get 4 ga. I'm building the box to optimal ported specs given the layout SSA has.