Sign in to follow this  
focalrock4life

I know what the chart says but...

I have a sundown 100.4 a 125.2 and I'm going to have a crescendo BC5500 as my power source. now, for my batteries I have one d3400 up front and 2 6500's in the rear with a mechman xs270 amp alt w/ adjustable voltage. What do you all think of that? does that sound sufficient?

Sounds pretty good to me, but you'll find out soon enough.

haha yea I know the only way to know for sure is to test it but I was checking to see if everyone was like "hell no!" cause then I would have to save up more and get a third. I'm getting everything electrical squared away before I do the install. get it done right the first time with no corners cut.

edit: and big three and all wiring is done with Rockford Fosgate OFC 1/0

Edited by focalrock4life

I too just installed a bc5500. I am running a dc320amp alt and 3 d3100's in the back. Starting battery is a optima blue top.

At full tilt I'm dropping to 13.5-14 and 13 every once in a while. That should give you a closer idea.

haha yea I know the only way to know for sure is to test it but I was checking to see if everyone was like "hell no!" cause then I would have to save up more and get a third. I'm getting everything electrical squared away before I do the install. get it done right the first time with no corners cut.

edit: and big three and all wiring is done with Rockford Fosgate OFC 1/0

Good plan, you can always gain down in the mean time if your electrical isn't up to par.

I too just installed a bc5500. I am running a dc320amp alt and 3 d3100's in the back. Starting battery is a optima blue top.

At full tilt I'm dropping to 13.5-14 and 13 every once in a while. That should give you a closer idea.

ah, damn, that scares me. is that at idle? or while on the gas? because I wont be playing it at idle

thats while on the gas was afraid to bump at idle because ive never had this much power before

thats while on the gas was afraid to bump at idle because ive never had this much power before

cccrraapppp..my goal is to stay around 13.5-14 full tilt. I may have to get a third but that's just gonna delay my build by even more months...

one more question, what does your car charge at? starting voltage?

Edited by focalrock4life

starts at 15.1 usually sits around 14.8-9 after warm.

Like was stated you can just turn the gains down till you can get another batt if its not up where you want it. your not gonna know how your system can handle it till you try

ok.

well on a side note, heres the setup under the hood. im learning after reading here that I'm supposed to run a ground from the grounding stud on the alt to the batteries ground (disregard the mismatched electrical tape, that is hidden by covers). I was not aware of that and I ran it to the engine block instead. I'm not having any problems so should I just leave it there and add another ground from the alt neg to bat neg?

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Edited by focalrock4life

Or call XSpower tell them your combined RMS and the batteries you have, they will tell you exactly how far what you already have goes.

Leave it how you have it but add that ground fron NEG stud on alt to the NEG on battery. Mechman puts it there for a reason. :fing34:

Best way to check is to hook everything up and try it out. Everyone's wiring and set up is different, so the only true way to know for sure is to try it out. Just be smart about it and you shouldn't have any issues seeing what it will do.