Sign in to follow this  
fearlessgangsta

4 SA-15s vs 2 18inch Sundown Z

I have a decision to make my choice is ether 4 SA-15s or 2 18" Z's. I have a Tahoe but I'm keeping my second row seat. I will power the subs with 2 crescendo 2k's(1 for now). My overall goal is to eventually hit around 145-147 on music and maybe 150 burb( I care more about music) . I'm not going to compete I just want a loud street beater. Also it will be tuned around 35-37hz. What does the community think would be better?

The fifteens would have a bit more cone area and the potential to be louder. It is all in the install though. I'd probably run the z's just because they will probably handle the power better, and I'm not knocking the sa's because I know they can take more than they're rated for. Do you have the electrical to back that much power?

The fifteens would have a bit more cone area and the potential to be louder. It is all in the install though. I'd probably run the z's just because they will probably handle the power better, and I'm not knocking the sa's because I know they can take more than they're rated for. Do you have the electrical to back that much power?

I'm in the process of getting a XS 3400 as a secondary battery and buying my Knu 0gauge(minimum wage= :bull:

I'm starting with just a backup battery with 1 2k and then around March I would like to buy another 3400 with a 270a mechman alt and a second 2k. I would make sure to use my friends dd1 to make sure the signals are all clean power. All I really want is a loud music monster that also meters well somewhere between 145-148 on music .

Also I already have a design drawn up for the 4 15's. If I went with the Z's I would need a new box design which I know nothing about(btw).

Are you 100% set on Sundown subs?

Let me see your design you have. 150 out a Tahoe with 4k won't be to hard. :)

The fifteens would have a bit more cone area and the potential to be louder. It is all in the install though. I'd probably run the z's just because they will probably handle the power better, and I'm not knocking the sa's because I know they can take more than they're rated for.

agreed

I'm not 100% on anything at this point.

Edited by Fearz

You'll be happy either way broskie

Probably but I want to do it Right the first time.

-

Edited by Fearz

It is a piece that goes in the corner of the port to help smooth the airflow around the turn.

And thank you for giving away the design when asked not to.