Sign in to follow this  
Adrian_D

which one ?

Hey.

i want to choose a sub that can work well in a small sealed box. in the price range i can afford, i found three contenders :

rl-i 10

DLS UR-10

and

Ground Zero Uranium 10

sorry for the language in the ground zero link...

i asked for small sealed box application, because the designer said sealed box woofers work well in the DeathBox.

there is one decware forum member which uses an rl-p 12 in the 12" version of the deathbox with great results. but i already have the box built and want to buy a ten. 500w rms @ 8 ohm available. sq oriented home theater setup.

i live in romania, but the cost of shipping an rl-i is reasonable in my opinion.

Edited by Adrian_D

I believe Mike has a video of the RL-i 10 in a HT application,

and the 10's are DVC 4 ohm so it can show an 8 ohm load, I feel the SS is a excellent choice, I love my RL-p, and the customer service is excellent

yeah, i agree on the customer service so far. i asked about the shipping costs and got a reply in just a few hrs. that's comforting.

if i'll choose the SS, i'll probably choose the cheapest shipping method, but it takes around 6 weeks to get here. i'm affraid it won't get here in one piece. what do you say about shipping ?

anyway, this is do-able only in the summer, because school's got me busy.

I dont know about shiping for the RL-i, it weighs less than the RL-p so you would have to email mike about it

i have emailed him. i'm not thinking too much about the sub, because of school.

i'm just trying to make up my mind. maybe i can talk to the local dls dealer, to check out the rl-i competitor...

not knocking SSaudio but if nobody here has experience with the other two you're definately going to get biased opinions (is there another kind?). I suggest finding someone that has experience with the other two subs. Although, from what i've heard I'm sure you'll be happy with the RL-i's

No worries on long shipping, mine was ship half way across the world (i live in Australia). It takes a while to arrive (around 8 weeks), but it's safe and arrive without a nick. The box that it come with is very strong.

not knocking SSaudio but if nobody here has experience with the other two you're definately going to get biased opinions (is there another kind?).  I suggest finding someone that has experience with the other two subs.  Although, from what i've heard I'm sure you'll be happy with the RL-i's

Dont forget he is asking for opinions on the SOUNDSLPINTER forum.. :lol: With all the SS owners on the SS forum its kinda hard not to root for the SS sub you own.. my opinion is of coarse shop around, and test out stuff ect, but you will always get a biased opinion when you go to a biased source.

My answer for you.. go with soundsplinter.. Mike kicks ass, his product kicks ass. :fing34:

?? i thought thats what i said?

not that you're going to hear that the SS subs are better than they actually are, just that you pobably won't get good info about the other two unless someone here has personal experience with them.

lol some guest just saw my randow off topic post here, i was owned by the non-IHOP forum again. sorry :-D

i agree about the opinions. but my problem is this : SS is a rather rare product, if i talk to the guy at the DLS dealership he will say it's the best and if i ask the Ground Zero dealer he will also say that it's the best.

anyway, Ground zero seems expensive, so it's out of the discussion. i have to call the dls dealer to announce me when he's got a new dls ur10 in so i can get a "feel".... ;)

buying the ss will be conditioned by the selling price of my current sub...or i may buy it as a birthday gift...

I'd buy the SS, of course I own one but you did point something out yourself it is rare. Even if the dls were a little better (which I doubt but don't know as I haven't heard one) and a little cheaper, I'd definetely still buy the SS since it is more rare and unique. That is worth some money in my book. Add to that Mike's service and a product that you will be happy with and it seems like a no-brainer to me.

if resale value is an issue, a SS sub will do well, for example my RL-p will hold better value (per initial cost) than my H2 15, the H2 is a good high power sub with very strong output but there are much more of them out there, so less demand for them