Sign in to follow this  
mattd0344

SSA DCON Review

I recently picked up a used 12" SSA DCON and finally was able to find time to install it this last week. In this installation, I am running:

Subwoofer: 12" SSA DCON single 4 ohm

Enclosure: 2.00ft^3 tuned to 31Hz with a 4" aero port

Amplifier: MB Quart DSC1500.1D at 4 ohms (375rms)

I initially had low expectations, as this was my first single 12" installation. In addition, I have never used a low-power "entry class" subwoofer. After listening to this little guy for the last week, I must say that I am VERY impressed with its output and sound quality.

I did a direct swap between a 15" Fi SSD and this 12" SSA DCON. The Fi SSD obviously gets louder, but the 12" SSA DCON is definitely no slouch and is plenty loud for the average daily setup.

The 15" Fi SSD is one of my favorite sounding subwoofers that I have owned and I was not holding any high expectations for the DCON when it comes to sound quality. However, I was surprised once again, because the DCON sounded GREAT! In comparison to the SSD, I noticed that the DCON was punchier and a tad cleaner sounding. When it comes to the lows the DCON does well, but the 15" Fi SSD digs down deeper and hits the lows with more authority. Overall, the DCON is an amazing sounding subwoofer and can rival subwoofers that are much more expensive.

The SSA DCON may be considered a budget subwoofer, but as for build quality, output, and sound quality, it is far from being "budget" quality.

Edited by mattd0344

Cheers mate :drink40:

Excited to reieve my Icon :D

I think that is the next sub on my list to try. Let us know how you like it!

I think that is the next sub on my list to try. Let us know how you like it!

Will do! :fing34:

The SSA DCON may be considered a budget subwoofer, but as for build quality, output, and sound quality, it is far from being "budget" quality.

Bingo! Thanks for posting your review. Glad you like it.