Sign in to follow this  
pitbull239

Having some problems

hey guys... I have 2 1000.4 's going to my front doors . they have been sounding great, nice and clear and no distortion. I have been having some ground problems lately and had to drill a new ground. After that they were back to sounding clear and crisp. Now about a week later all the static and distortion came back to the point were I almost cnt even hear the music. I checked the ground and the ground is good. i checked the rca'a and there fine. ( I do have a few splits on my rca's and those were fine as well). I was told by someone who works at a car place that it could be the deck because it only gives out so much amp or power roughly 2 volts or 2.5 and he was saying that amps usually 1.5 by them self and Im running 2. so bottom line he was saying that i Need to daisy chain these amps so that the deck can just give power to the one so it would stop putting all that noise in my speakers. IS THIS RIGHT? if so how do you daisy chain amps? Or if you know a solution please write back, thanks. my deck by the way is a pioneer 4200dvd

Edited by pitbull

Double check your ground again! Actually find a solid spot remove the paint and bolt it down. A loose ground will usually cause your noise issues. Replace your RCA's if they have slits in them as well. Check to make sure your speaker wires have no issues as well.

If you are sure your RCA are good, you could be experiencing a ground loop. You should have a common ground for all audio components including the head unit. Factory head unit ground location/wire isnt suitable imo, neither is a chassis ground imo. Directly to the battery is best.

Most newer equipment are designed to eliminate ground loops. Possible yours isnt.

Double check your ground again! Actually find a solid spot remove the paint and bolt it down. A loose ground will usually cause your noise issues. Replace your RCA's if they have slits in them as well. Check to make sure your speaker wires have no issues as well.

thanks for replying . I put the ground in 2 different spots already and wire brushed the paint off and then drilled in to the chassie of the truck with a screw and the connectors i needed.

Im stuck dnt know what to do. My have split rca's , no cut in them at all just split connector rca's, thanks

you have two 100.4 or 1000.4s?

and who makes these.

and why so much power to your front stage, ? what are you running?

splitters in bulk can be an issue no doubt

have you done the big three?

are you grounding all these amps to the body?

you have two 100.4 or 1000.4s?

and who makes these.

and why so much power to your front stage, ? what are you running?

splitters in bulk can be an issue no doubt

have you done the big three?

are you grounding all these amps to the body?

thanks for replying, 2 1000.4 's crescendo's. the amps are grounded to the body of my truck. 400 rms to each door roughly. wired components 4 sets. no big three, was gonna wait till i get my H.O alt.

Might wanna go ahead and do the Big 3, if it helps you probably have a ground issue, if not id begin to suspect other things.