Sign in to follow this  
CarlenCyphers

Few Questions on Settings on Deck

I recently installed a Pioneer P4300DVD doubled-in deck in my truck and just have a few questions about some settings.

1. What should my sub frequency be set at on the deck (it goes up to like 120hz I think)?

2. What should my HPF be set at on the deck?

3. Any tips on tuning the Custom Equalizer settings?

Just some info on my system I will try to give the whole run down in case its needed.

Pioneer P4300DVD deck

Boston S85 5x7 speakers front and rear

^Kicker ZX200.4

SSA XCON 15

^Audioque 2200D

Stock Alternator

No Extra Batteries

most will do 60 or 80 on sub and 100-120 on the high.....maybe higher depending on how you like it.

most will do 60 or 80 on sub and 100-120 on the high.....maybe higher depending on how you like it.

Thanks sounds good! Also, what about the Subsonic Filter on my amp?

Edited by CC268

Thanks sounds good!

are you familiar with how filters work?

start the sub lpf at around 80 and go up and down till you find the right number.

same for mids, careful with running the mids too low as they could potentially be damaged from over excursion. too low would depend on the power applied and what the speaker is designed to handle. around 100hz should be fine, south of 80hz and you might have to be careful.

LPF on subwoofer signal set to 80, and HPF for front speakers set to 100, that creates a nice dip in output from 80hz to 100hz. :WTFBubble:

LPF on subwoofer signal set to 80, and HPF for front speakers set to 100, that creates a nice dip in output from 80hz to 100hz. :WTFBubble:

My zcons overpower whatever speakers i have.....and if i slope at 80 on the highpss my mids bottom out...i think

My zcons overpower whatever speakers i have.....and if i slope at 80 on the highpss my mids bottom out...i think

Bummer.

im looking into changing that...and going active..but thats for a different thread.

Well I attempted tuning my system and kinda failed haha just too many settings on my speaker amp, sub amp, and deck. I tried setting the LPF on the sub amp to 80 but I felt like I was missing out on some notes when listening to country. I think I will just take it to a local audio shop tomorrow and have them tune my whole system. Thanks for the info though

if you feel you don't have the notes covered that you want just raise your lpf to 100 and see how that feels to you.

if you feel you don't have the notes covered that you want just raise your lpf to 100 and see how that feels to you.

Yea thats what I did for now there are still a ton of other things I don't know how to tune though

just have it at a slightly lower volume and listen to what each change makes and see if it sounds better or worse to you.... learning these things is fun