oxsign

What's the advantage with mid bass??

I have some 6.5 comps in the doors right now, and some 4x6's in the dash if my s10. I was wondering what was the advantage to getting "better" door/dash speakers?? I have 2 rl-p 15"s in a ported box. Would it "add" to my bass?? Sorry if this is a noob question. I just want to justify soending more money on "better" speakers (mids/highs).

It will definetely add to your bass/midbass depending on how your subs are crossed over. Mine only play 60Hz and below, most music has a lot of bass higher than 60Hz. If your sub is crossed over real high, you will have a different experience. What are your comps? There are a ton of options that will "add" to your bass. If I misread that and you meant add as in make everything more musical, sound better, be cleaner, and generally more pleasant to listen to then most likely a fresh set of comps will go a long way provided you amplify them correctly and such (without knowing what you have...)

Besides wanting to know what you have for comps, I'd really like to know how they were installed. It may be more logical for you to just spend some time fixing the install instead. You will be surprised how much that alone can add. Usually more than a new set of speaks (again without knowing...)

Let us know what you have.

Well nothing big. I have kenwood KFC-P605ie comps in the doors. In the dash I have kenwood KFC-4675C 4X6. I got these because They were cheap, and when I got the truck I had no plans on doing anything big (as far as systems). :Doh: Now I have the 15"s and the comps and dash speakers running off the deck. My deck is a Pioneer DEH-P770MP. I want to get a 4ch amp to push them, but I want to know if it'll be worth it. And if it'll improve the overall sound.

from what I remember reading, mid bass is the hardest range to reproduce inside a cabin,

I need to add some mid bass to my truck, because I have a large discrepancey between the pair of 5.25 RF FanQ comps and what ever sub I have in that week,

for my listening tastes, and many others on here, try to keep our subs crossover at 80hz and below, and I try to keep my subsonic freq away from my components, so there is a dead spot in my truck between approx 300hz and 80hz, thats where the mid bass would come in to help reproduce those frequencies,

I hope that helps explain it a little from my perspective

And of course, your car is a midbass generator driving down the road. If you look at road transmission through the doors and such of the car they are focused from 100Hz to 300Hz generically. Just to deal with the road noise you need extra oomph there and I am sure that the Kenwoods you have can be improved a lot by an upgrade. Moving up into a 7" or 8" driver will help a lot, but also require a bit of modification to your door as they will make the whole door panel pretty darn active. The other problem with 8's is finding a tweeter that can play low enough to go with it, or requiring that you go 3 way with a dedicated mid-range/mid-bass/tweeter combo. It can get as ridiculous as you want really, but the bottom line is a set of components or "separates" that have more midbass will really help out your system but will definetely require at least a 2 chn and all the way up to a 6 chn if you are running 3 ways in the front active. HU power isn't really power.....

HU power isn't really power.....

:stupid:

Do you subscribe to CA&E? If not, go pick up the latest issue. There's a good article in there on this very subject. They've been having some great articles as of late.