Sign in to follow this  
Ohjay

'08 Dodge Caliber build

Stop worrying about the response curve on winISD lol... You should know by know it is only a very rough guide at best. Not mention the idea behind the response curve will change as your power and wants/needs change.

Stop worrying about the response curve on winISD lol... You should know by know it is only a very rough guide at best. Not mention the idea behind the response curve will change as your power and wants/needs change.

Meh, the response for the new enclosure is somewhat similar. I figured out how my car responds with the subs in that position so i would like the response to have not much more than a db peak from 30~55. I like my response a lot better now but still could be better but i dont have the room to tune my sub any lower or make the enclosure bigger.

So why not build an SQ system? If you keep pushing for SPL your response will likely get further from what you want with a larger peak to chase the numbers.

But you know that already... trippy.gif  

So why not build an SQ system? If you keep pushing for SPL your response will likely get further from what you want with a larger peak to chase the numbers.

But you know that already... trippy.gif

I could also do what you suggested and use two ports and plug one up, which could drop the tuning to where i want for daily and still get plenty loud and i could unplug the extra port and have it tuned way higher to mess around and get numbers.

Very true, very true.

Or..we can ditch all causes and build something monstrous in that little car eek5wavey.gif  

Very true, very true.

Or..we can ditch all causes and build something monstrous in that little car eek5wavey.gif

Since it is not technically my vehicle, i cannot do that... Yet anyways

"Yet" being the operative word here lol

You have to do something big..most of my clients are jumping to walls already..... Well Tony had something to do with that I think lmao

He probably did. But in the next couple of years or so i wouldnt mind doing some evil 15s in a wall

Tony will have some likely over the winter it looks like.... I'm sure he will want to upgrade to 18s by mid season though lol

well, the other day i went to dustin's (pro-rabbit) shop to hang out and he sort of talked/forced me into doing finishing my box and doing it his way, which is fine with me. We still have a bit of trimming and bondo work to do but it should be wrapped and, for the most part, done in the next couple of days.

IMG_2156_zps5becf0b6.jpg

IMG_2157_zps11bcd89b.jpg

"Forced" more of a genital nudge....with wood and a saw lmao....

After some touch up cutting and some router work.... will be on it's way to looking sexy again...

hahaha, you were like this is what were are doing and you should do this and that for wrapping it.

Talking...telling...

same thing.... sorta haha

BTW, thanks for the help today...... and the commentary about my OCD with seeing seams lol

Edited by pro-rabbit

Force would imply there was resistance lol

As I recall... you were like..."Do it!!" lol

Hahhaha you suggested and i said that would be cool, then you started doing it. Well, actually, amber started doing it.

Since he is still sleeping lol... here are a few updated pics.. long way to go..but it's a start.

20130806_004344_zps58388b91.jpg

20130806_004313_zpse192588a.jpg

20130806_004329_zpsb5b32bde.jpg

20130806_004323_zpsec80ca5a.jpg

Of course i was still asleep, i had to work today, and im also lazy.