chainsaw

Battery corrosion vs. my amps

I'll take the optima, I need a new underhood. lol

What you doing tomorrow?

What you doing tomorrow?

hanging out at my house with my kid. If you got something to trade for it, the optima is yours. As long as my amps get the power they need, I could care less what brand is doing the power. :morepower1:

edit:

* its always good to have a local friend on the forum with a battery charger and tools who is willing to help troubleshoot

Edited by Chainsaw

What you doing tomorrow?

hanging out at my house with my kid. If you got something to trade for it, the optima is yours. As long as my amps get the power they need, I could care less what brand is doing the power. :morepower1:

edit:

* its always good to have a local friend on the forum with a battery charger and tools who is willing to help troubleshoot

I got a good bit of 1/0 I'd trade. :)

Update. Cleaned corrosion. Just charged up the rear batt some. Both are resting at 12.9. Checked fuses on both amps, all good. Still no sound or power though. Remote would be my next guess. The last person to drive my car before I found the problem said the radio was cutting in and out and just lost sound. We had a lot of drama around our house the last few days, so it lost power on Saturday and I didn't discover it till late that night.

Update. Cleaned corrosion. Just charged up the rear batt some. Both are resting at 12.9. Checked fuses on both amps, all good. Still no sound or power though. Remote would be my next guess. The last person to drive my car before I found the problem said the radio was cutting in and out and just lost sound. We had a lot of drama around our house the last few days, so it lost power on Saturday and I didn't discover it till late that night.

Time to get the dmm out. Stereo installers best friend.

I found issue. I am win.

Drew is correct. I tried running a wire directly from the batt to the remote on the sundown. It flashed protect for a millisecond and then lit up bright blue. Now I just gotta get back out there in a bit and find/reconnect a more stable remote. Btw remote was reading 0.04 when I checked it at first

Drew is correct. I tried running a wire directly from the batt to the remote on the sundown. It flashed protect for a millisecond and then lit up bright blue. Now I just gotta get back out there in a bit and find/reconnect a more stable remote. Btw remote was reading 0.04 when I checked it at first

Why dont you use volt meter right away?

My volt meter was broke. I went to see a friend today who had a working one and that's when I figured it out.

My volt meter was broke. I went to see a friend today who had a working one and that's when I figured it out.

Glade to hear. :fing34: