Ok, I am revamping an old mobile sound system in my 2000 jeep Cherokee. It will consist of...

deh 80prs

?dsp? ?

4-6 ch? amp

F.ch-exodus anarchy 6.5"x2

seas 1"27tbfgc x2

Back- 8"usher 8945p x2

possible Rear fill w/saz 125.2. - 5.25" peerless hds exclusive x2.

saz1500.1d

single 12" Xcon d2.

Lots of deadener and foam.

My questions are:

1: I'm going to run the new deh-80prs, which has a 3 way active xover internally. So, do I still need to run a dsp, ms8, bit one etc... To run my fronts as active?

2: If I do this, can I also run a 5 ch. To run front 2 way active, and then, off of sub ch, run my mids in rear passenger doors. I know there aren't spots designated there, but I am going to make it work. It will probably be a peerless 7" or comparable.

3: if the 5ch will work, what is a decent amp?

My thoughts are: (no particular order)

pdx5

700/5-900/5

Ma nx5

re xtx5.500

Or would it be better to run it all off the zapco650.6?

Hope this isn't to vague, as this will be my first tine stepping away from kicker, jl, mtx, rockford etc...

Edited by yhateanxj

Ok, I am revamping an old mobile sound system in my 2000 jeep Cherokee. It will consist of...

deh 80prs

?dsp? ?

4-6 ch? amp

F.ch-exodus anarchy 6.5"x2

seas 1"27tbfgc x2

Back- 8"usher 8945p x2

possible Rear fill w/saz 125.2. - 5.25" peerless hds exclusive x2.

saz1500.1d

single 12" Xcon d2.

Lots of deadener and foam.

I don't really understand your system layout. Why are you running Anarchy's up front, Usher's in the rear (which by the way are 7" and not 8"), and then also possibly considering 5.25" rear fill speakers? What is the point of the Usher's in the rear and the Exclusive's as rear fill?

1: I'm going to run the new deh-80prs, which has a 3 way active xover internally. So, do I still need to run a dsp, ms8, bit one etc... To run my fronts as active?

To run the front speakers (Seas & Anarchy's) active, you would not. The 80PRS has built in highpass, bandpass and lowpass crossovers.

Drop the idea of the Usher's and the Exclusive's.

2: If I do this, can I also run a 5 ch. To run front 2 way active, and then, off of sub ch, run my mids in rear passenger doors. I know there aren't spots designated there, but I am going to make it work. It will probably be a peerless 7" or comparable.

No. First issue is that the sub channel is generally very limited in bandwidth, typically that channel won't go higher than 300hz or so. Second, it's mono and not stereo.....if you are using them as true "rear fill", you would want stereo.

Hope this isn't to vague, as this will be my first tine stepping away from kicker, jl, mtx, rockford etc...

It's vague in that I don't understand the logic behind the speaker layout.

So, 5 1/4" are just a stock placement soundbar, not necessary, just curious. The ushers, (thanks for correction) I want in rear pass. Doors due to me not liking the sound bar. I should have been a little more specific, my bad. I want them their as I have heard the xcon's can be overwhelming, so I was thinking to use them to balance. Plus, its a 9" custom lifted, wheeler on 37's, and on the beach, or up in the hills on snow runs, its nice to be able to phase out the sub and just run. Thanks for advice on 1 & 2, and I hope this helps to un-vague-fy the logic.

Ok, so I took your advice and have re molded what I want.

Ex.anarchy 6.5"'front and rear passenger doors, and stick with the seas to be mounted at a desired locale. Possibly run a 6ch, but will more than likely run a 4ch front, and 2ch for back. My old set up was a 12" cvx d4, with zx1500.1, 6.5" infinity components up front, 5.25" coax in rear powered by a zx350.4. I've had alpine, jl, mtx, and rockford subs. Basically all mediocre stuff, definitely not what I want. Too plain, and distorted. Don't get me wrong, the cvx pounded, but blew away any type of quality, due to the infinity speakers lacking in all departments. Plus it was all inferior design, slapped together to male a trail run, and I never took it apart to rebuild.