Sign in to follow this  
2Loud

Need help with paints

So i made a 4th order bandPass for 2 obsidian 12s out of birch. I started sanding the enclosure and filled it all the screw holes sanded all those spots with 60/120/220 grit sand paper everythings smooth(so i thought) i started painting the enclosure with kryole dual primer and paint(spray can) i thought it would be good to use that lol well im pretty stupid to think that was gonna work great. The corners are very dull along wIth the edges that are sanded and the top and sides are super shiny and it looks like shit. Whats a good paint to use to paint birch with and have it turn out super glossy. My goal is to have it very glossy and not be able to see with the edges meet and not tell they are sanded.

your best bet is to treat it as a wood and paint it with actual paint and not spray can. Use a roller and some paint with a sharp gloss and then if its not enough shine spray it with a gloss from the can. make ur way over here to 913 and we can help you out! ADVICE IS ALWAYS FREE!

You need a good sealer/primer. The cut edges are more porous and are soaking up the primer.

You need a good sealer/primer. The cut edges are more porous and are soaking up the primer.

^^^ yes thank you lol forgot to add the primer section in lol!

^^^ yes thank you lol forgot to add the primer section in lol!

Signs of getting old. :lol2: