Sign in to follow this  
danish6259

SP4 or BTL?

Hey everyone! New to the forum but not so new to car audio. I thought I knew a good bit before about audio but after browsing this site for a few weeks, I have learned a lot and am continuing to learn more. I've been looking to upgrade my sub for a while now and after checking out some different brands I keep coming back to Fi.

Here's what my setup consists of right now in my 04' Civic Ex Coupe:

Kenwood KDC-X792 h/u (looking to upgrade too)

Kicker 1/0 power cable to the trunk

big 3 upgrade

Kicker KI45 4 channel rca cable

Kicker KI25 2 channel rca cable

Kicker 08ZX650.4

2 sets Kicker 05RS65.2 components

Kicker 08VS10L72 10" L7

AQ1200D

Duralast Gold under the hood and a Deka Dominator battery in the trunk (freebie)

I recently upgraded the sub amp the the AQ due to killing my 08ZX750.1 after reading good reviews on them from this site.

I'm currently stuck between getting either a 15" SP4 or BTL. I'd love to get an 18" but can't due to size restrictions. I'm looking to get better sq and spl overall and I know either would be a vast improvement over the current L7 but just can't decide. Any input for which one to get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

You can do the 18 with the sp4 because you can use a sealed box. If sq is a main concern sp4.

I'm stuck on this question too right now. Have been for 3 weeks

I don't get how you guys can get stuck on choosing two completely different drivers ,

state goals and space limitations !

After some consideration, either of these subs are a no go for me now with my current setup. I don't want to spend a fortune to build it up enough to be able to power them.

What I'm looking at now is a 15" BL D2 fully loaded or possbly a 12" but I'm favoring more towards the 15 as I've never gone that big before. I know the AQ won't be close to pushing it to it's full potental but would like the room to expand later down the road if/when I get a bigger vehicle.

I checked the cut sheet in the tech section for the reccomended box size and have a small issue with that being a little to tall for my trunk. I know nothing about designing boxes so if there is anyone that could help re-design that to keep the height to a minimuim or have any other suggestions on a design, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the previous info/help and my apologies for a not so well thought out original post. Live and learn. *shrug*

I would start the SP4 with 3500rms

the N2 would be fine on 2k

I would start the SP4 with 3500rms

the N2 would be fine on 2k

suicide-santa.gif

Sign in to follow this