Aaron Clinton

New Kicker CVX's

I am not going to continue to ask for details on crapcom about them, so I brought it over here. I have a soft spot in my heart for round solo barics of old. I want to know if the CVX's are the round solo's reborn.

I understand they are up market from the L5's, Polecat has said they are the choice for sealed over L7s in SQ and output, and I believe at the moment he is building a install with them in his 'burb. So, anyone heard them?

:huh2:

Like most kicker products i wont touch em cuz they cost to much.

But i guess we'll see about pricing...

I know ryan shares the love for old Solo's

the new CVX's are very similar to the older round solo's back in the day. They handle the same power as the L7 in the same size, and work and map out great in smaller sealed. Map the CVX10" in about .75 sealed, and I think you'll love the new graph. :)

Indeed.

Hopefully I'll be hearing one within the next few months, my boss is considering ordering a loaded enclosure for our thump room.

nG

Old school solos rule! If these new drivers are as good, can't imagine them not being, you know I'm getting some.

YOu know, I used to be the same way. It'll change as you get older and come into more money. Once your budget allows and you're able to "step up" to the higher priced gear, you begin to get an understanding of why some products are more than others.

Old school solos rule!  If these new drivers are as good, can't imagine them not being, you know I'm getting some.

cvx6nc.jpg

YOu know, I used to be the same way. It'll change as you get older and come into more money. Once your budget allows and you're able to "step up" to the higher priced gear, you begin to get an understanding of why some products are more than others.

Probably.

I dont make much money so my dollar is valued pretty high.

actually, IMHO, these blow away the older round solo's....waaaaay more power handling

how are they in the reccomended large sealed box design? is there much improvement in SQ over the small box?

I've thought about buying one to play around with. I wish I didn't sell my old round solo's.... but I'll come across a pair again. solox's still wangin for me :)

Think about how nice the CVR's have been in the past, now the added strength of the L7 motor and BAM, what an awesome round sub it has to be. They've been nick named the L6

i've always liked kicker, even before i had solos. i've always been fond of the compvr for the price.. maybe someday i'll buy one and put it up against an rl-p in a sealed box ;)

well the CVX should win in output because its designed to do well in that sort of box, where as the RL-p is really a ported box driver

for some reason i was always under the impression SS subs were more for sealed apps... i have to say the SQ on an rl-p sealed is superb and it didn't lack SPL in the least bit imo... just one of the many reasons why i might switch to sealed (that and i'm seriously SERIOUSLY going deaf)

i like my rl-p sealed (and ported) as well...

i'd like to throw the cvx in the same box as an rl-p and see what happens....

hmmmm, wonder if my local kicker shop has any cvx's yet?? scott will let me play...lol...that i know...

review time coming up?? even meter the pair...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: