stevew007

disappointed......

oh and yes birch ply is the bomb to work with.it love's screws staples nails what ever you use and its so much lighter then mdf.i did a dbl layer 12cf box with ports and 45's and crap and i could pick it up by myself with no problems

Just trying to save you money doing unnecessary things.

You can also get gauge reducers if you want, to solve your wire gauge issue.

well not worried about saving money it's just funds need to be spent all around. and yes i am talking with toolmaker about them for the amp and might just buy some for the subs.

do what you would like.. but when you took as "hate" was people simply trying to explain to you that the size wire you want to run is in no way NEEDED unless your amp is very far away,

the reason i made the statement about knowing for a fact how much power can be ran thru those terminals is because they are the same ones the nightshade V1 had if i recall correctly.

you will not be running more power to an SA 10's then to a nightshade 18

that's all .

not needed no but is a built 350 needed to move my blazer around ;)

What batts and alternator(s) do you run?

Any previous systems?

Well if you look at you wire your primary wiring like your speaker wire you sure shouldn't have any voltage issues

There's also no benefit in overkill.

How this is that birch?

Birch is amazing to work with! once you use it you never go back to mdf again!

Half the weight and its real wood. :fing34:

What batts and alternator(s) do you run?

Any previous systems?

i have 2 c7d techs left from the 12 i bought for this project. they are the 12-90s and for alt i will run a cs144 or the ad244 stock for now until i get a new V8 built and go from there.

as for other systems I've had a few here is a few comp cars i built

2 crx's

84 honda hatchback

aerostar

diesel rabbit

85 s10 blazer

94 astro

85 astro (never built)

89 s10 blazer

88.5 samurai

and these are nothing but comp cars one crx had 500 miles put on it in 18 months LOL as for systems I changed them like i chenged my underwear.I've had everything from 1 10" to 4 18's and everything in between. best number's ive done was a 157 sealed on the dash with the astro and a 161.5 outlaw in the samurai and the samurai was crazy loud and had a ton of potential left in her but sealed on the dash was like 5 db down from outlaw.

click the picture for video

th_MOV03851.jpg

astro before it was painted or even close to being done but i had to make the first show of the year.

Were all your runs recorded with an audio control?

Were all your runs recorded with an audio control?

nope only the one in the blazer and it was only off like 1db from the TL