Sign in to follow this  
kh2456

Kicker 300.1 External Fuse Help!!!

I recently purchased a 11zx300.1 for my dcon and I'm planning on installing it friday. After looking at the amp and reading the manual I am confused by this and want to see what you guys think. I already tried contacting kicker but they never responded. There are 2 20 amp fuses on the actual amp and the manual recommends a 60 watt external amp by the battery. From what I learned and have always done is match the fuses on the amp to the external one so 2x 20= 40 amp external by the battery. What do you guys think am I taking crazy pills or what? Also, The cadence amp kit that came with the amp has a external 50 amp fuse. Could I get by with this or should I buy 40 amp or stick with the 60 amp recommendation? Thanks for any inputs.

Fuse the wire. What size wire are you using?

the fuse next to the battery is to protect the wire and should be rated according to wire size you have used (there is a chart on the12volt.com site) , in terms of external fuse for the amp, it should be close to the amp, if you are not sure if it's a 40 amps or 60 amps, use the smaller which is 40 amps and if it blows then upgrade to 50 then 60, thats how I would do it...

8 gauge.

the fuse next to the battery is to protect the wire and should be rated according to wire size you have used (there is a chart on the12volt.com site) , in terms of external fuse for the amp, it should be close to the amp, if you are not sure if it's a 40 amps or 60 amps, use the smaller which is 40 amps and if it blows then upgrade to 50 then 60, thats how I would do it...

Kk sounds good. Thanks.

8 gauge.

Kk sounds good. Thanks.

The fuses are 60 at the battery and leave the ones the same size in the amp.The 50 at the battery will work.

The fuses are 60 at the battery and leave the ones the same size in the amp.The 50 at the battery will work.

Ok awesome. Thank you.