Dangrebel

would i notice a difference?

Well i just put 100 dollars in the bank and was bout to send the money to crescendo to get their new mp6 pa mids, come to find out they ran out of stock 2 days ago!!! they said they still have some 8 ohm versions left for sale. i was gonna run 4 on a mb quart onx 4.125. well i planned on using the front channels for the mids and the rear for my tweets. well i cant buy the 4 ohm versions so would it be better to get the 8 ohm and run them 2 on left front channel and 2 on the right front channel for half the power i would have been getting, or wait 43 days til the 4 ohms get back in stock?

I would just get the 8 ohm versions. They will still be loud as hell.

That's what I'm hopin! But would only be half the wattage:(

They are pa mids with a very high sensitivity, so they are effecient. I wouldn't worry.

So? It's just a number. As long as you're getting the ouput you want, right? I would rather run less power and still get results, it's easier on all your equipment.

Plus it's more of a shock when you tell people, "oh it's only 50 watts to each speaker" or something when they expect something much higher, eh'?

So? It's just a number. As long as you're getting the ouput you want, right? I would rather run less power and still get results, it's easier on all your equipment.

Plus it's more of a shock when you tell people, "oh it's only 50 watts to each speaker" or something when they expect something much higher, eh'?

Yea I guess your right!! Well I called and they said they were out of both versions :( he told me that he might be able to get some from a demo vehicle used, I said hell yea!! He is supposed to be callin me back tommorow :)

Two pairs of PA mids will be loud regardless. You'd be surprised how much power you're actually running to your speakers when listening to music...

Sweet I'm super excited y'all! Would 1 in the door 1 in a kick panel be alright?

Depends on your goals and a lot of other various factors.

That's not a setup I'd personally run or recommend due to the likely difference of time alignment, frequency response and possibility for constructive/destructive interference. They are the same speakers, but in two different locations will potentially end up "sounding" very different at the listening location. Plus the potential difference in time arrival could possibly "smear" the sound for lack of a better subjective description.

You might not notice a difference and be perfectly happy. Your install locations might end up being close enough that some of the issues I noted above might not be too big of an issue. But ideally you would have the speakers located on the same plane, same angle and close together as I'm presuming these will be running into the midrange.