Sign in to follow this  
CBFryman

New Toy

Picture196.jpg

sail is in perfect condition, center board and rudder are anothrr story. Needs some fiber glass work. Figured i would built a little boom box for it. 2 5.25" speaksers, and use the schematics for head phone amplifiers (the amps for the big massive head phones that you can hear like regular spekaers) to make an amp with a place to plug my MP3 player in.

Figured i would build me a center board and rudder from MDF, glass it, and hope i dont run arground and spring a leak.... :Doh:

at least untill i get my dad to spring for some birtch or cypress.

oh and speaking of marley.

i love spencers

9c4e26e7.jpg

geuss there arent too many sailors here. I would have expected to have been bashed for liking such a small, slow, old boat.

i want a Hobbie Cat, so much faster and so much more fun. But hey, i take what i get free.

i want a Hobbie Cat, so much faster and so much more fun. But hey, i take what i get free.

That's how I got mine too....but I am a powerboat fiend so I don't sail all that much. There is just somethin' to moving over 70 mph on the water.

heh i wakeboard, something about...wakeboarind...lol.

I laught at all who say wakeboarding and surfing is for pansies who cant take pavement... of all the baord psorts surfing is the most dangerous and wakeboarding has the most knee, back, and gash/puncture injuries.

I love sailing though. but fast is better. sunfish = pansy boat. i can sail a Hobie Cat by myself. I know how to sailwith a Jib too. but oh well.

heh i wakeboard, something about...wakeboarind...lol.

I laught at all who say wakeboarding and surfing is for pansies who cant take pavement... of all the baord psorts surfing is the most dangerous and wakeboarding has the most knee, back, and gash/puncture injuries.

I love sailing though. but fast is better. sunfish = pansy boat. i can sail a Hobie Cat by myself. I know how to sailwith a Jib too. but oh well.

I broke my arm waterskiing and all it hit was water. I was 14 and growing rather fast, but nonetheless at 35+mph the water is pretty much pavement. Just had a real hard cut on a slalom ski and the fin popped up on me, landed on bent wrist and compressed my forearm enough to fracture it.

Oh, and for those that think it is lamer on the water I disagree. It is more fun since you can go ballz to the wallz all the time.

wakebaording is easy....once you learn to get up and relax while riding w/o falling down. Its a lot of fun if you have sliders (rails) and ramps and/or can do stuff off the wake. Even mroe fun at cable parks like Orlando Watersports Complex.

Anyway, though 20mph or 70mph is fun. Something about 15 knts with no sound but the wind and water

knts? ha, sailor...

wakeboarding is fun, just not when the jet skiers are around.

I have not been sailing in years, and when I did, I was never in charge, just mostly hired muscle to help friends in local contests

i love sailing.

My dad used to have a 26 Megregor and ive been all over the bahamas in it when i was younger.

My dad is what got me into it and my grandpa was in the Navy (well so was my dad but w/e) and that is what exposed my dad to it.

So i literally am the son of a son of a sailor. lmao.