poopiesmom

sx 18 recone

If I order the sx recone will it come with the 1.4 ohm coils? Also, if it does have the 1.4 ohm coils will it be a direct fit or will my motor need to be sent in to be modified? And does anybody know the t/s specs for the sx 18 recone because I can't seem to find it anywhere and I know it's not exactly the same as the sx 18? I can't get any response from fi when I email them so I was hoping I could get some help here so I can order my recone already... Thanks

anyone???

I've definitely emailed you back because I remember saying that I do not know what the parameters will be. We do not take the time to read the parameters for a recone for another manufacture's equipment..the point of the recone is that it works and preforms well. The SX recone is made for the SX, it uses the original coil that was made for the SX. We would not sell a recone for it if it had to be sent in. Aside from that, we can not machine a motor once it has been magnetized.

Ok thanks... The reason I'm asking is because I bought an sx 18 from a guy and it had a fi recone with 1.4 ohm coils, integrated leads and extra spider and it sounds a heck of alot louder than my sx 18 and it also looks to have more excursion. I just wanted to know if it comes with the 1.4 ohm coils from the website so that I can order a recone for my other one and have matching subs. Thanks for the response btw

Ok thanks... The reason I'm asking is because I bought an sx 18 from a guy and it had a fi recone with 1.4 ohm coils, integrated leads and extra spider and it sounds a heck of alot louder than my sx 18 and it also looks to have more excursion. I just wanted to know if it comes with the 1.4 ohm coils from the website so that I can order a recone for my other one and have matching subs. Thanks for the response btw

The 1.4 you are referring to is DC resistance which I am assuming, It is actually a D2

Ya, it's a d2 ohm but the coils read out at 1.4ohm and I was hoping thats how they came from fi's website because I was going to make the box a single chamber

We only use one coil in the SX recones :)..you'll get the same thing.

awesome... Fi audio recone it is for me then adhd.gif Also, what comes in the recone kit just the glue and activator?

No just the soft parts, if you want glue you can get it in the accessories tab on the website.

I was planning on buying an sx recone from your site as well. All the options are self explanatory, but you only make the coils in the original re flatwound? And at dual 2s?