Sign in to follow this  
Chickenwings

Bahh fail enclosure!

This sucks!! I told the guy at the audio shop to use as much trunk space thats possible for my zcon 15' but i jus picked up the box nd i still have like 3 inches in length in space... Atm its a 4.0cu ft but wouldnt those 3 inches even make it better? Nd its tuned at 32hz! That box cost me 260$ :( i'll post some pics up soon!

This sucks!! I told the guy at the audio shop to use as much trunk space thats possible for my zcon 15' but i jus picked up the box nd i still have like 3 inches in length in space... Atm its a 4.0cu ft but wouldnt those 3 inches even make it better? Nd its tuned at 32hz! That box cost me 260$ sad.png i'll post some pics up soon!

You might not have been able to get the enclosure in the trunk if it was 3 inches longer, did you think of that?

increasing the longest dimension will net you the LEAST gain of volume.

increasing the shortest dimension will net you the MOST gain of volume.

So to answer your question, no, completely inaudible and worthless to worry about.

rvhv1v.jpg

4q9w8.jpg

this is a pic of my speakers amp, just thought i shuld put it up, dont really know if its good or not?

nxs2kl.jpg

25q5emh.jpg

90c12v.jpg

these 2 pics are of my old box that i jus took out

ap8dpw.jpg

fuusg5.jpg

Edited by Chickenwings

How big is the port? It looks very small.

im really not sure :S since i have no idea how to build a box... this was made for me, i could ask him later on :o it was done by a guy to runs one of the most famous audioshops in canada.. hes been runnin this shop for the past 25 years or so. also, what do you think the port size should be? mayb i can suggest him that?

im really not sure :S since i have no idea how to build a box... this was made for me, i could ask him later on ohmy.png it was done by a guy to runs one of the most famous audioshops in canada.. hes been runnin this shop for the past 25 years or so. also, what do you think the port size should be? mayb i can suggest him that?

Measure the port area. It is the height of the opening multiplied by the width of the opening.

lol... my old box was 231 cm... = 90.9 inches

And my new box in 210 cm.. = 82.7 inches