Sign in to follow this  
pmureika

Mount amps on sub enclosure

Is it ok to mount the amps on the sub enclosure?

sometimes I hear you shouldn't and sometimes people say it's okay. I've personally never messed up an amp that way . My 701s is mounted on my box with plastic thingies under each arm. not helping much because the bottom vibrates loose all the time. I need rubber garments to stop that

its not a good practice.... so if you have ANY where to mount them you should.....

in my builds,. i dont have a choice.

so i double or tripple the wood on the box, then i use sway arm bushings (rubber) on my mounting feet... even still it tears them up.. last time i removed my amp i has 4 out of 8 screws gone from the back plate.. i found them.. replaced them.. then coved the back plate with secondskin ... anywhere there was not heat holes that is.

hope i could help.

sometimes I hear you shouldn't and sometimes people say it's okay. I've personally never messed up an amp that way . My 701s is mounted on my box with plastic thingies under each arm. not helping much because the bottom vibrates loose all the time. I need rubber garments to stop that

Thanks

its not a good practice.... so if you have ANY where to mount them you should.....

in my builds,. i dont have a choice.

so i double or tripple the wood on the box, then i use sway arm bushings (rubber) on my mounting feet... even still it tears them up.. last time i removed my amp i has 4 out of 8 screws gone from the back plate.. i found them.. replaced them.. then coved the back plate with secondskin ... anywhere there was not heat holes that is.

hope i could help.

Well I dont have any space but on the enclosure.

then double tripple or even quad that wood up if you can... the more solid your mount surface is the better off you will be.... i promise you that...

if you mount an amp to a single baffeled box you can kiss it good bye sooner or later.. it like an earthquake constatnly on your board

then double tripple or even quad that wood up if you can... the more solid your mount surface is the better off you will be.... i promise you that...

if you mount an amp to a single baffeled box you can kiss it good bye sooner or later.. it like an earthquake constatnly on your board

I will be running a xcon on 1700wrms

Like Jon said or you can use rubber grommets under each mounting screw to help isolate the amp from the box. But don't tighten the screws down to tight.

Like Jon said or you can use rubber grommets under each mounting screw to help isolate the amp from the box. But don't tighten the screws down to tight.

ok I have rubber grommets.