OK I got an LED rocker switch from O'reillys to turn h/u on and off on the powerwheels like an ignition. If I hook up the wire from my fuse block to the hot side and the load wire to either other post I get the led but no h/u. If I hook up all 3 posts (pos,load,neg) I blow a fuse as soon as I flip the switch. I don't know if running the red and yellow wire together causes to much draw, or if the ground isnt really a ground? But I'm confused and slightly annoyed...

I would need a wiring diagram of the switch.

The ground is a ground, it's only purpose in life is to ground the light so it can illuminate. Power from the battery goes to the input terminal, power to the HU goes to the other. Sounds to me like you had it wired right, or at least close to it, the first time.

Not sure how much help I can be other than that. You're close, oh so close, lol. I can't remember off the top of my head what the terminals are labeled, but I used to have about 6 or 8 of them in my '70 Chevy.

^^^ Yeah, what he said.

Well the switch itself has a sticker that said from top to bottom pos,neg, load. But the package says pos, load, negative.

Well the switch itself has a sticker that said from top to bottom pos,neg, load. But the package says pos, load, negative.

If you go according to the switch.Pos goes to fuse box, load to h/u and ground to a ground.

LOL..... nice.... damn chinese manufacturers........ I seem to remember them being pos, load, neg...... one way or the other....

Anyway, you said that with the battery and HU wired without the ground that you got the light, but no HU. I think the battery was connected to the neg, the HU was on the pos and load, and it was droppin the voltage across the LED.

Wow, I'm not much help today am I? LOL, I like pm's idea of following the switch diagram. Might try it that way first with the ground disconnected so if it's not right you don't waste fuses. I do know that if you're not worried about the light the ground doesn't HAVE to be connected for the switch to act as a switch. So if you try it on a couple of combinations of terminals you should be able to at least switch the HU on and off, once you've got that you can toss the ground on the remaining terminal if you want the LED to light. I'm still real sure that on the first way you had it connected the battery was actually on the ground terminal of the switch which is why the light would light but the HU wouldn't come on, try wiring the wires to the terminals opposite to that, I bet it may work then.

Thats why I like diagrams on the switches and not stickers.

The switch diagram was wrong. Package was right but upside down.she plays loud :)

The switch diagram was wrong. Package was right but upside down.she plays loud smile.png

Darn chinese

Well, they're on the other side of the world, maybe it's right side up over there?

Unless their led is flipped for off instead of on I doubt it... lol.

Mobile double post fail

Edited by Mathew