helotr3vor

* Trevor's 2010 Audi A4 Trunk Build. Sundown. Fi. *

Talked to project db and hes going to get working on the vertical reducers tomorrow :D. Here is a sketchup of what its going to look like.

2Zcit.png?1

Here is a few more pictures. I added the spacers to the sundown amp but still need 2 more spacers for the rack to sit perfect on the chassis. **** hardware stores closing early on Saturdays...

Really liking how the amp rack has turned out so far. Love how it sits slanted for a professional look and I should have just a perfect amount of room to plug everything in at the bottom.

PfFA1l.jpg

jHd2gl.jpg

ddjyI.jpg?1

Here you can notice plenty of room for the trunk arm and spring to slide freely

RYzWJ.jpg

looks good! cant wait to see the new reducers :D

looks good! cant wait to see the new reducers biggrin.png

Im stoked for them as well adhd.gif

Put the last 2 spacers in and tightened things up as much as I could. Its very hard to get to the top two screws to fasten the rack in place. Takes quite a bit of patience with a wrench and awkward angles. Hooking everything up once the project db adapters get here. Happy Easter everyone!

p8GzEl.jpg

Coming together nicely.

Thanks joker. Don't forget to send me a link when you get that log up :)

Will do. I am one of those that don't like showing anything off until I am completely done. Just sent you a PM about your other question.

Just checked UPS and Fi shipped the sub out today. It'll be at my door tomorrow afternoon so ill make sure to take pictures. I'm guessing the custom reducers will get in on Wed. or Fri. Very excited!

Edited by helotr3vor

Quick question guys no one was in the chat room :(. Im running the negative 1/0ga from amp to ground and was curious if this would be a good spot to ground. There is a slight elevations so I dont know if the entire bottom side of the ring terminal will be on the ground but this would be the best spot closest to the amp. Do you think I should use this spot after sanding down or should I use one of the factory grounding spots?

Ayj6dl.jpg

what does the factory ground look like ?? try to find a seat belt bolt or something lol

what does the factory ground look like ?? try to find a seat belt bolt or something lol

Seat belt bolt are not good grounds, OP I wouldnt try that ground spot if the terminal cant lay flat on a painted surface. Just my .02

Seat belt bolt are not good grounds, OP I wouldnt try that ground spot if the terminal cant lay flat on a painted surface. Just my .02

umm it depends on the car cause my seat belt bolt worked perfect for the ground... wanna see pics rolleyes.gif

qomeFl.jpg?1

I used the factory ground to the right of the terminal. Made a little criss-cross action with the power wire but I think it turned out pretty good. Ill update tomorrow with everything I did, tired now so going to bed.

Edited by helotr3vor

Looking good, keep it up. trink40.gif

This is coming along, if you hadn't found someone to make the adaptors. I was thinking you could use a threaded standoff, a ring terminal and a bolt. Put the threaded standoff in the 4 gauge hole, then put the bolt through the ring terminal and thread the bolt into the standoff.

Thanks guys trink40.gif

So yesterday I got my reducers in from project db and they worked absolutely perfect. Not only that but they look nice too :). Electrical tape had the exact same width so I just cut two pieces and slapped them on the insides just in case it ever loosens up and I don't notice. Since I had the amp rack out at the time I also decided to black out the floor. I had a layer of duct tape over the yellow foam and then put electrical tape on top of that. Came out pretty nice and now your not staring at an ugly floor when showing off the amp. The 1/0ga fit nice and snug with the reducers and amp rack in place. Going to the hardware store soon to get a small wrench to fit the bolts that go on to hold the amp rack in place since it is in an awkward place and I cant use my socket wrench. RCA, Speaker wire, and Remote wire are also plugged in so all that's left is connecting the sub. Unfortunately if you don't know already UPS totally F'ed up my package from Fi. When I saw the box at my door it was cracked and a corner was concaved in. I was told by someone who used to work for Fi that it must have dropped off the belt from at least 20ft. The basket is completely bent pulling and ruining the surround as well. There is also a gash in the magnet. Even handicapped and all the sub still looks beastly and weights at 47lbs. Talked with Scott of Fi and he said they are already building my replacement. Will be sending back the sub as soon as we get things worked out with UPS. Although that was a bummer I still got my amp completely set up and love how it turned out. Funny story, I couldn't figure out why my amps blue power light wasn't turning on for about 45 minutes then finally realized I never put the fuse in on the in-line holder for safety precautionsDoh.gif. I used a 250a fuse but will be using a 100a fuse so that it will pop before the 40ax3 would give on the amp. Should have them in a week or so. Anyways got the blue power light on after I added the fuse and everything seemed to work properly.

P3Ouil.jpg

gliHSl.jpg

jB1BWl.jpg

EU8yhl.jpg

WHArCl.jpg

DbjuPl.jpg

lZX0kl.jpg

bG34Ul.jpg

P4UMkl.jpg

BBxFLl.jpg

very nice :)

this is the ground i used... it was underneath my rear seat. ofcourse i sanded everything to make sure it was bare metal... the threads from the bolt are going into the frame though so i know im good...

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

Nice! The factory grounds look like they are on top of plastic but when you unscrew them and take out the ring terminals there is bare metal on the bottom center that is connected to the frame. It gave me a little criss-cross action with the power wire but it should work great and allowed me to use the smaller strand of 1/0ga I had to keep the same brand.

Looks like the sub was dropped. Hopefully a shipping issue?

Edit: Hope they take care of you.

Edited by jokers10

Nice! The factory grounds look like they are on top of plastic but when you unscrew them and take out the ring terminals there is bare metal on the bottom center that is connected to the frame. It gave me a little criss-cross action with the power wire but it should work great and allowed me to use the smaller strand of 1/0ga I had to keep the same brand.

shorter the ground the better :)

shorter the ground the better smile.png

Yup yup. By the way I got that fuse nice and tight after messing with it for a while. Even though when I get the 100a fuse im going to have to do it again ha... Also bought that small wrench so I can get the bolts on the amp frame nice and tight. It takes a little patience and pain snipersmilie.gif

haha welcome to car audio ... it always takes some patience and some pain :)