Adrian_D

Big brake upgrade thoughts

I am in the same boat as Chris is above and want to see if i am thinking this properly.

I had ugraded to Hawk pads before and they did help a bit but now, my brakes are complete crap right now...

My rotors are 5.5yrs old and are warped now due to me traveling from state to state in the snowice.. lots of braking with ice cold temps...

Anyways, I had already planned on getting slotted rotors(never drilled, daily car).

Now, upon doin research vs what is being talked about in here has got me thinking...

With adding a LOT of extra weight in a vehicle.. The pads alone helped when i had ~550lbs extra. I will now have 900lbs extra.

So, since i need to replace my rotors anyway.. should i get stock diameter slotted or larger slotted rotors?

I have been told by a friend of mine that increasing my caliper from it's stock single piston to a quad piston, even on stock size rotor will see a big difference.

I have also been told by him too that stainless steel brake lines are "marketing gimmick" and not needed for better brake pressure for daily driving...

So, assuming his advice is right..

I would be looking at stock diameter, but slotted rotors, quad piston caliper and same brake pads (Hawk's pads)?

Does this sound good or should i opt for larger rotor as well?