Briggiboy33

Humming noise from subwoofer after i added new amp.

I have had a fi x12 with a powerbass asa 400.2 amp in a ported box in my truck for a while now and i had an old pyramid amp that i wired to put on my front doors. The only wires i added was the signals from the 2 channel to the front door speakers and an rca cable for that amp from the head unit. I used the power wire from the sub amp to also go to the 2 channel and i put a seperate ground for the 2 channel. Both of my rca cables run with my power and remote wires. I ran my speaker wires a different way because i thought that was why the noise was there. The grounds are good... But whys it making the hum noise when tye music is low or off... And a big thud when everything turns on... Everything makes the thud not just sub... Thank you! Iv been so upset lately... Its so aggrivating not being able to listen to music!

I've kinda had the same issue. I've read that a "ground loop" makes it do that. My problem was that my head units pre amp outputs are broke. Read about the ground loop.

I didnt understand what the ground loop was... But yeah i got to that same website abiut the houme theatre stuff... But i didnt understand it... I was thinking it was because my speaker wires went by my rca... But i just have absolutly no idea anymore

sounds like the amp to me...

turn on thump is indicative of a cheap amp

Try switching back to the old amp to see if that one works or not, if possible.

The 2 channel was a old amp. My first amp that i replaced with the power bass amp a while ago. Iv been using the power bass for a while now with no problems at all. I added the old 2 channel to my front doors like 2 days ago and since then i havnt been able to get rid of the thump or hum noise. The power bass amp is exactly how it was besides i have the power wire going into the amp but coming out at the same spot for the 2 channel amp. And the remote wire aswell. The 2 channel amp has its own ground and rca cord. I really hope its not a bad amp... Because i dont really have any money to replace it... But ill take the 2 channel out today and see what happens.. Could it be interference from the 2 rca cables and the power wire together? I doubt it because the rca to my sub was with my power ever since day one that i had any amp with no problems...

Could it be interference from the 2 rca cables and the power wire together?

No, that has nothing to do with it. Nor having the speakers wires by the RCAs.

There is a sticky at the top of this section for troubleshooting noise: Noise Troubleshooting Guide.

Someone told me, i think bigjon, to stick a 3.5 mm jack and plug that into where the rca cables go in on the amp. Then play music and see if it still hums.

Follow the noise troubleshooting guide. It will take you step by step through the process.

why does it seem that your not following the advice your just hoping. and typing?

why does it seem that your not following the advice your just hoping. and typing?

The amp on my subwoofer never changed... No wires or anything changed so it cant be bad... It was fine before the day i added the 2 channel to the highs.. Thats why and i havent had time to mess with it since...