J2phat4u

BL Question

Do you need big power to make the BL series subs play at their best? Will they play low and deep on 1,000 watts?

1000 rms is plenty of power to get a bl going. I owned the first version and ran it on ~ 300 rms for a while and I was very happy with how it sounded on such low power.

BL's can take gobs of power but its unneeded. 1k is more than enough to make it happy.

yeah just ask me how much the BL's can handle i used to run a JBL crown a6000gti on 2 18s look that amp up if u dont think thats alot of power like 8000 watts @ 4 ohm baby tell me that isnt some CLEAN power

Every sub runs progressively worse as you increase power. In other words, every sub runs the best at 1 watt, and performance decreases from there as power increases.

Some drivers are more efficient than others and require less power to achieve a target ouput as compared to another.

If your goal is low and deep staying with 1000watts I would look at the Q. Unless of coarse you already have the BLs then if so you will be fine.

I have the BL's already. So you are saying the Q's are better than the BL's?

I have the BL's already. So you are saying the Q's are better than the BL's?

Q is aimed at Quality. BL is aimed at...tearing shit up.

The reason he says that is that Q's are designed for low tuned (2Xhz) flat response enclosures compared to the peaky(er) 32-37hz tuned enclosures that most BL's will be installed in. There's no reason you can't tune a BL low and rip shit up, but you'll lose output in the...say 45hz+ range, for example.

Those are estimates but you get the idea.

EDIT: But to answer your original question, with the efficiency of the BL it should have no problem making you smile on that power. There's never really a reason to have more power going to a sub than it can safely handle.

Edited by An-i-no

Ok i understand. I had a set of JL 12W7's before the the BL's and they were loud as ish!!! I am sure the Q's would be even louder.

Ok i understand. I had a set of JL 12W7's before the the BL's and they were loud as ish!!! I am sure the Q's would be even louder.

Probably not...

You dont think the Q's would be louder?

You dont think the Q's would be louder?

To the ear off of the same power in a proper setup, probably not.

Ricks, do you build enclosures?

Ricks, do you build enclosures?

I used to ship enclosures but at the moment I am not. Check out TRP or DC on this forum. If you just need general help PM me.

Can you guide those guys my way?

ive had mines hook-up for about 3 weeks got a brz1700.1d workin that bish but ithink it can get louder whn i get new alt another battery and upgrade my wires and BIG 3... i got the P.O.S cadence amp kit not true gadge at all but it will have to do since i was on a budget at the time of purchase, but on another note i love my bl 15 got my box specs frm here on the cut sheet post but im workin on another box...

Yeah i have always heard good things about the BL's.