Venomized

Anyone have experience with Explorers?

Im thinking about doing a system in our 03 Explorer and wated some input on what issues you have ran into with these.

I bought my wife a 2012 Cruze so now the explorer is sitting and Im biting at the bit to do something with it lol. It is up for sale right now but if it doesnt sell soon Im going to start doing something with it.

Anyways share all input with these vehicles.

Oh and Im still working on the mustang as well

Have an 18 in my escape, a little smaller than an explorer. I bet you could run two with the box level at the seats.

Explorers are easy to work with. The bins in the rear are good places for hidden amplifier storage.

Don't know exactly what you are looking for. But they have plenty of space and I haven't had any vehicle related issues yet.

Do We have any Explorer experience. I can count at least ten members just off the top of my head who have had Explorers, and some of us have had multiples.

We have owned ours for over 2 years and I have a degree in automotive technology so the mechanics of it are good to go but I was wondering more about resonance and panel rattle.

I did a number of different installs in mine, did not get to work on the mountaineers though. Anyway, not sure on your goals or budget, but if you want loud right out of the gate.....

SPL > Four - 12" subs, firing up, enclosure top at the base of the window line, areo-ports or curfed port rear.

Daily driving > Pair of 12" subs, firing rear, large port, low tuned, deep box pushed towards rear hatch.

Front stage, there are a number of kick-pods available, or deaden the doors nicely and put a solid 5.25" in with an adapter plate for the stock cut out, and then go low on the A-pillar for tweeter mounting.

The worst rattles are going to come from the rear hatch, rear quarters, front doors and a little on the hood. So I suggest emailing Don@sounddeadenershowdown.com and he will help you out with exactly with what you need, and nothing more.

Exactly what Aaron said, That seems to be the alignment that explorers love. Was doing a 149.7 legal with mine with 4 American Bass TNT 12"s with about 1700 rms on them.

Exactly what I was looking for Aaron, thank you.

this was very helpfull, i to have an explorer a 94 i was thanking on doing a wall in the cargo(3rd rowseating) but maybe i should rethink this option

Edited by SamuelHermon

02 explorer here. One 12 ported back an it stills gets plenty loud.