djtomczak

Help on what to buy...

I want to deaden the doors in my Escape so you can't hear the door speakers outside. Currently there is a factory deadener/insulation behind the plastic door panel, so that would come out and be replaced. What should I use to replace that and then what should I use to cancel noise from leaving the cabin? And how much of each for four doors.

if your trying to make it silent from outside you would need to use a mlv but you would flip it rubber side in.. and apply it to the door skin/body

or would it rubber side out... rubber side out.. so the foam excepts the noise.. but this may also reduce mid bass output inside the cabin.. as you are absorbing it while its still inside the door/enclosure

I'm confused... haha

What bigjon said. That should seal the sound waves in the cabin but it may affect the performance of the speaker. How much? I'm not sure at all.

I'm confused... haha

What you wanna do is...install MLV and CCF backwards so that it seals the sound inside the car.

What about just putting layers over the back of the speaker?

Why do you want to do this?

What about just putting layers over the back of the speaker?

You know what...actually, I think if you fully separate the front and rear waves and throw some egg crate foam (or any sound absorbing foam) behind it to soak up that rear wave then it'll work. So yeah...but you'd have to separate the waves completely or it might affect what you hear.

*Disclaimer* This is all based on my limited knowledge of acoustics lolololol

Why do you want to do this?

Door open = booooom....vocals....boooom....vocals....

Door closed = silence...

That'd be kinda dope actually. I know it wouldn't be completely silent but still.

Edited by An-i-no

I feel like a douche when I'm driving by and people hear the lyrics to my songs, bass is okay though smile.png

An-I-no, do you mean these?

BA-EGGTRAY.jpg

Edited by djtomczak

I feel like a douche when I'm driving by and people hear the lyrics to my songs, bass is okay though smile.png

An-I-no, do you mean these?

BA-EGGTRAY.jpg

Yes...I think. I know people use it to sound-proof rooms for music production sometimes. I'm not sure how long it would last in a door though.

I would just deaden normally to improve mid bass response. It should help with the sound outside as well. I guess I understand why I just wouldn't do it that way.

hes talking about foam you would find in a studio or on a bed!! and i think its mainly used to reduce echo

mlv is the best was i know of. but using a factory cup behind the speaker like whats found on a ford 5x7 would help with canceling your midbass then have the mlv on the door to stop anything from leaving

Door closed = silence...

This is my goal, except the booms will still be heard.

What I mentioned earlier is like this:

http://www.ebay.com/...9f8560b&vxp=mtr

Edited by djtomczak

hes talking about foam you would find in a studio or on a bed!! and i think its mainly used to reduce echo

Yes sir.

Door closed = silence...

This is my goal, except the booms will still be heard.

What I mentioned earlier is like this:

http://www.ebay.com/...9f8560b&vxp=mtr

Those don't have enough density to block sound. They aren't thick enough to absorb anything much either.

I understand what you're trying to do I've done it myself. The standard treatment for a door, especially one with spekers in it is to apply a barrier to the inner door skin. This blocks noise from the outside and acoustically isolates the front and rear waves fro the speaker, improving its performance.

You are less concerned wiith performance and quiet inside the vehicle than you are with reducing the sound heard outside the vehicle. To accomplish this you want to line the outer door skin with a barrier material. I cared about performance, interior quiet and exterior quiet so I lined both the inner skin and outer skin. You'd reduce the sound outside the vehicle further by treating the entire interior, but the barrier on the outer door skin should make a noticeable difference.