SMpaintball78

took the truck down to the local drag strip tonight.....

well i actually got off early tonight (friday) and it was test and tune night at the local drag strip and iv been wanting to run my truck with my new tuner and cold air intake for awhile now. 1st 1/4 mile i ran a 16.89 second (and last time) i ran a 16.63. i figured it wasnt to bad considering iv never been on a drag strip in my life lol. my truck weights 4,103lbs stock. thats not including the heavy ass 18"xd rims and 33" trailgrappler tires orrrr the 200lbs of subs in the back lol i dont think thats to bad considering lol just thought id share my little adventure with yall haha

Sounds like you had a good time out there. You might not have been the fastest but likely the loudest. trink40.gif

i was thinking of adding a new tuner and cold air intake did it make a big difference ?

Sounds like you had a good time out there. You might not have been the fastest but likely the loudest. trink40.gif

That would throw someone of there game if there trying to tree you.lol :)

haha yeahhh. when ever i finished doing a run, id just go and sit on the side of the track with my truck and guys would be showing there shit off. ya know have there trunk poped and what not. 90% had some cute little cvr's or some rockford p3's lolzzzz. once i get my new box and am actually loud, ill doa few demos to show them whats up haha

i was thinking of adding a new tuner and cold air intake did it make a big difference ?

the cold air intake was ehhh so so. id say i gained like 10horses or so. but the tuner.... world of difference. i got a sct livewire and i love it. its already paying for itself in gas lol. im getting 3 more mpg (which is a shit ton in a big v8 truck) and when im racing its has a totally different shift pattern. my buddy gave me a coupon from sct for 3 custom tunes for $50. im doing one for racing, one for towing, and one for economy. should be nice.

That would throw someone of there game if there trying to tree you.lol smile.png

haha that it would. but i turn my a/c off and HU off so there is no pull on the alternator or from the a/c.

That's pretty good for all that weight. You felt as if you were going fast even though you weren't didn't you? Fuck, I miss racing.

Nice, I miss having my dsm loaded down with subs(was a record holding car in usaci) and still going to track on test&tune nights. Was fun as hell...nothing like having the windows down beating the crap out of the system the whole way down and still ripping off a sub 12sec pass lol.....

I really miss that car now that I think about it more..... sad.png

Edited by pro-rabbit

That's pretty good for all that weight. You felt as if you were going fast even though you weren't didn't you? Fuck, I miss racing.

ya i felt like i was hauling ass lol. but apparently not haha it was still a fun adventure. something iv wanted to do for some time now. cant wait to run my mustang ;)

Nice, I miss having my dsm loaded down with subs(was a record holding car in usaci) and still going to track on test&tune nights. Was fun as hell...nothing like having the windows down beating the crap out of the system the whole way down and still ripping off a sub 12sec pass lol.....

they make us keep our windows up when we run.

They started to do that at the track I went to a lot toward the end. However, I typically just never followed the rules. I went one time and ripped the system out and actually tried to run and I was kicked off the track for not having sufficient safety equipment on or installed in the car. meh...no biggy lol it was the last week I owned that car.

They started to do that at the track I went to a lot toward the end. However, I typically just never followed the rules. I went one time and ripped the system out and actually tried to run and I was kicked off the track for not having sufficient safety equipment on or installed in the car. meh...no biggy lol it was the last week I owned that car.

well i figured most people would run with windows up anyways so it doesnt cause drag on the car.... idk maybe im wrong lol.

im really intrested to know what my mustang will run. early 70's 302v8, edlebrock 4bbl carb, edlebrock intake, bbk shorty headers, true duals, t5 5spd transmission and a few more things i cant think of of the top of my head. but keep in mind this is a 65 so its made of mostly metal (the way they should be). i have seen anywhere from 2600-3000lbs for mustangs between 65'-68'

well i figured most people would run with windows up anyways so it doesnt cause drag on the car.... idk maybe im wrong lol.

I kept mine down to be an ass for the most part. I was young and wanted to show off every chance I had. You have to remember this was 15 or so years ago. Which was prior to anyone really knowing what a turbo charged 4 banger could do..so I was all about the show off aspect.

I kept mine down to be an ass for the most part. I was young and wanted to show off every chance I had. You have to remember this was 15 or so years ago. Which was prior to anyone really knowing what a turbo charged 4 banger could do..so I was all about the show off aspect.

oh damnnn ya that was awhile ago lol. what did u have like the old 4cyl turbo fox body mustang??

Naw, had a 1992 AWD 2.0 turbo Eagle Talon(same as eclipse). I owned a shop and put every part on/in the motor we could back then. Was a fun car to have for sure.

And yea, I'm old lol

Naw, had a 1992 AWD 2.0 turbo Eagle Talon(same as eclipse). I owned a shop and put every part on/in the motor we could back then. Was a fun car to have for sure.

And yea, I'm old lol

sounds like a good time lol.

Those old Talon/Eclipse/Lasers were certainly fun cars, especially in turbo and AWD configurations.

And yea, I'm old lol

What was it making 500-600hp?

Edited by Fearz