Julian

Sears Platinum (Odyssey 2150 Rebagg)

They are on sale! I got TWO OF THEM for 215 each! They are just as strong as d3100's and the same battery as the Odyssey 2150's which retail for 350+!

Hmmmm, interesting. Time for some research! Thanks Julian for the heads up/info!

I've been looking at these locally but were wondering if they were true deep cycle batteries?

They are on sale! I got TWO OF THEM for 215 each! They are just as strong as d3100's and the same battery as the Odyssey 2150's which retail for 350+!

The P-1???

or at least a linky??? I'm not finding it on Sears.com unfortunately...

I picked them up from my local sears store they were listed online but no longer I would just go check to make sure! they are the group 31's.

I've been looking at these locally but were wondering if they were true deep cycle batteries?

They are the exact same battery as the Odyssey 2150 which are some of the strongest batteries out there.

I picked them up from my local sears store they were listed online but no longer I would just go check to make sure! they are the group 31's.

Going now... lol ... also gotta get some wiring maybe from Lowes or Home Depot... 4ga so I can install my front stage amp

if you know anyone military they give a discount too!

if you know anyone military they give a discount too!

Shit, the only military I know is deployed not that I'd ask him to do that really anyway.

where did you read they are what they are?

David:

That is a very astute observation. We private label the Sears DieHard

Platinum batteries and they are rebadged Odyssey batteries.

Thanks.

Kalyan Jana

Development Support Manager - Specialty Markets

Desk: (660) 429-7505

Cell: (816) 308-1543

Fax: (660) 429-1758

www.enersys.com

Seems Enersys is the provider of the Diehard Platinum series and is in fact the same as the 2150 from this post I found.

so is this a sale going on now or is the price that low all the time?

It is a sale. call your local Sears and they should have some on sale currently.

are the regular prices of these the same as the odysseys?

are the regular prices of these the same as the odysseys?

All DieHard Platinum batteries for automotive are $250 by me. The marine Platinum are $280. Unfortunately there wasn't one Sears carrying the automotive type G31 battery. So nada for me.

David:

Thanks.

Kalyan Jana

www.enersys.com

Seems Enersys is the provider of the Diehard Platinum series and is in fact the same as the 2150 from this post I found.

I don't mean to bust any bubbles here, but this information is false. I worked for Sears and have personally seen the Die Hard lab. They design their own batteries, but they do use off the shelf parts such as cases, posts, tops, etc. . . Saves on cost and is easy for the manufacturer to use similar parts between brands.

As to the post above, Sears has an NDA with ALL of their manufacturers. There is not a chance in hell, unless someone does not care about their job or is out to screw their company, that this information would be posted in a public place. Doing so, would be subject to damages probably equal to that of said company's worth.

They are pretty good batts though.

David:

Thanks.

Kalyan Jana

www.enersys.com

I don't mean to bust any bubbles here, but this information is false. I worked for Sears and have personally seen the Die Hard lab. They design their own batteries, but they do use off the shelf parts such as cases, posts, tops, etc. . . Saves on cost and is easy for the manufacturer to use similar parts between brands.

As to the post above, Sears has an NDA with ALL of their manufacturers. There is not a chance in hell, unless someone does not care about their job or is out to screw their company, that this information would be posted in a public place. Doing so, would be subject to damages probably equal to that of said company's worth.

They are pretty good batts though.

And I would reply with this...

"Here is the press release for Sears/Enersys.

EnerSys Signs Multi-Year Contract to Provide Sears Holdings With Long-Life DieHard® Platinum BatteriesREADING, Pa. and HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Feb. 27 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- EnerSys (NYSE: ENS), the world's largest manufacturer, marketer and distributor of industrial batteries, today announced it has signed a multi- year contract with Sears Holdings (Nasdaq: SHLD) to manufacture and supply Sears with a newly categorized DieHard Platinum branded battery for aftermarket automotive and marine applications. DieHard is America's most preferred automotive battery, among those stating a preference.

Beginning in March, 2007, Sears Auto Centers will be the exclusive distribution channel for DieHard Platinum batteries. "By working with EnerSys on the new DieHard Platinum battery, we continue the legacy of innovation that was established with the original DieHard battery 40 years ago," said Rick Sawyer, vice president/general merchandise manager of Sears Auto Centers. "We're confident this new battery will live up to the DieHard brand name and that users will be pleased with its performance. These premium-grade batteries are designed for a longer life than traditional batteries, offer increased levels of safe operation, can withstand extreme heat and cold, and are durable for consumer automotive/marine applications. The DieHard Platinum battery will offer proven vibration resistance to the consumer market.

The new DieHard Platinum batteries have up to 28% more Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) than comparatively sized spiral Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries providing much more starting power to automobiles and boats, along with unmatched reserved capacity. These thin-plate pure-lead batteries will carry DieHard batteries' best-ever, free replacement warranty. See your local Sears store for written warranty details.

"We're thrilled to provide this high-end, durable DieHard Platinum version to consumers," said John Craig, chairman, president and chief executive officer of EnerSys. "This partnership represents a great opportunity for more users to benefit from our pure-lead technology products."

The DieHard Platinum batteries are manufactured in EnerSys' U.S. manufacturing facility in Warrensburg, Mo, where the first DieHard Platinum came off the production line today. They have a valve-regulated design that allows them to be installed in any orientation, except inverted, without spilling and the U.S. Department of Transportation has classified them as non- spillable for safe shipping.

For more information, contact Richard Zuidema, Executive Vice President, EnerSys, P.O. Box 14145, Reading, PA 19612-4145. Tel: 800/538-3627; Web site: EnerSys Home."

And a link to the original doc

http://www.searshold...2-28-0004536634

The DieHard Platinum batteries are manufactured in EnerSys' U.S.

manufacturing facility in Warrensburg, Mo,

So it seems you may have visited the OLD plant. But Enersys is the sole provider of the Diehard line sold exclusively by Sears.

Edited by audioarsonal

No, you misread what I typed. Sears designs them. They do not manufacture them. That's what I typed. The press release does not state anything about who designs,nor how it is specifically designed. This can not be released publicly die to NDAs.

Well. I just called them and they confirmed they are the same battery. The Platinum line just has fewer models. The NDA only covers how the batteries are manufactured and what materials are used. There is no disclosure of anything "pertinent" by telling us they are identical batteries.

You have a valid point there. I'll shut my mouth now.

When they say "identical" they may be just referring to generic terms as far as intended use. And not actually mean identical make up. I don't know. But that is what the gentleman said to me. Either way Enersys is a great company and if the Diehard is just manufactured by them. Its still a BIG plus. We all know Odyssey,Stinger,Hawker are all bad ass batteries!