Briggiboy33

Changing the resistance of a subwoofer

So is there any way i could hook up something so it would be like running 2 4 ohm subs at 2 ohms? I have a single 4 ohm sub and i was wondering if you could put something with it to be able to change the resistance.. Like idek what a resistor really is but it kinda sounds about right... This is probably impossible but i wanted to ask before i recone my sub to single 2 ohm for a third of what i bought it for.. Thanks for any help. This post is really just my imagination at work... So dont criticize too hard... Just a thought

Perhaps you mean impedance. Either way, you could but it'd just be a heatsink that would absorb the power you created by changing. The only option you are already pursuing.

Whatever you put in parallel that has the same impedance as the woofer will yes share the power.

Additionally, you can use a transformer, but one that will handle the power you are probably using will cost more than your subs and amp you already have.

This was a (semi) popular car audio item about a decade or two ago when we were only dealing with a few hundred watts...

More than a decade, lol. Thanks for dating yourself and making me realize I am sitting in the same boat.

Anytime... :)

Think I used one on a Punch 75 :) But it may have been a SS D-100....