LMR

difference in quality in speakers

You're new to this forum. When M5 and/or Impious give you an advice about speakers, you'd better listen to them !!! It's what I do.

Return those CDT if you can. Quickly !

And yet I am told sound quality is subjective. If I am told one person's ear may like one speaker with another preferring a different brand and specs won't necessarily tell you quality, how is a person to choose? Is there a write up I miss stating the up front speakers are a marketing ploy? What don't you like about CDT?

I never said "up front speakers" were a marketing ploy (whatever "up front speakers" means?), I said all of the "add ons" they try to sell you are a marketing ploy...such as their center stage kit, their upstage kit, etc. If you would like me to explain why I think it's a bad idea from an acoustics point of view, then I would be happy to do so.

I already told you what I don't like about CDT. The value isn't there. The cost of the speakers are not in line with their performance. They aren't "bad" per say, you will probably be happy with their sound. But you could have purchased different speakers for less money and been just has happy, and not spent the money on the center stage kit.

Specs and objective measurements tell you a lot if you have the right objective information and understand how to interpret it. More than any subjective review or subjective evaluation could ever hope to obtain.

When M5 and/or Impious give you an advice about speakers, you'd better listen to them !!! It's what I do.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking questions and "questioning authority", if that's how this instance is viewed.

Thank you Impious( lacking in reverence or proper respect ) for taking the time. I will admit to falling for a lot of hype and just try to get the best sound I can for the money. If I got the same grade speaker for less, I probably wouldn't be happy as I would wonder what the best I could have got for the $600 . For future purposes, what would you recommend for components going in a quad cab diesel to get the best sound speakerwise ( not counting sound insulation )?

Specs and objective measurements tell you a lot if you have the right objective information and understand how to interpret it. More than any subjective review or subjective evaluation could ever hope to obtain.

Would someone be able to direct me to where I may read up on what info to look at for determining speaker performance? Thanks to all who have replied.