Sign in to follow this  
Prophet_of_lies

Which to get?

So at the moment i own an orion xtr pro 124 powered by a piece of shit boss 1500. I know it's a terrible set up but i was tight on money at the time. Right now i have about 500$ to spend on a woofer and about 400-600 for an amplifier. I drive a 1999 mustang and i would be building a custom box according to the woofer. I listen to mostly dubstep and rap and love the low's. I was looking at either a 15" mayhem or a 15" Zcon? Any of you owned either of those and know how they sound or how loud they are?

So you are going to build the box inside the trunk?

I would recommend figuring out how much space you have to work with including all equipment. Such as your batteries(if applicable), amp(s) etc, and THEN figure out your max dimensions for the enclosure, and then from there, chose a subwoofer that will best perform under those conditions.

I would recommend figuring out how much space you have to work with including all equipment. Such as your batteries(if applicable), amp(s) etc, and THEN figure out your max dimensions for the enclosure, and then from there, chose a subwoofer that will best perform under those conditions.

I can easily build a 5.0 cube in my trunk. Most of the 15's only call for 4.0

both subs will get down nasty IMO and are well proven but u need a solid amp i would say at least 3k