Sign in to follow this  
Flastunna954

Does the USAmp AX line have fuses?

I ask because after about 3 days of me using my new AX-2000 model , It stopped working, but looking through the glass backing it doesn't look like anything is damaged on the circuit board at all, yes I checked all power wires/ground/speaker wires/remote wire before I came to the conclusion that it's something in the amp. So I was wondering is there a hidden/built-in fuse somewhere on this amp that would blow before the amp fries, if so where is it?

Edited by Flastunna954

I'am sure that US amps will be more then happy to help you as they are trying to re-establish there good name. Darn thats not to good.. new amp.. new company owner.. same old thing? Flakko.. GO kick some BUTT!!!! j/k about the above. We all know things can happen during manufacturing and you have to account for defects when estimating profits and such for your business. PS if you need a quality control guy out there in CA there JR, give me a call! I can be there tomarrow! For a price that is! BTW I have Flakko's cell number if you want to make an IRATE call! hehe j/k

Hey Thanks, For all your replies.

Well if you guys have any contact info for anyone who can repair or fix this amp please shoot it my way as I really don't wanna get rid of this amp since I paid Close to $1k for it.

Thanks Again.

i would personally go straight to the source... give usamps a call, and say that you ahve a busted amp you need to be repaired, explain the syptoms, and see what they can do for you..

and skunk.... i didnt understand that post one bit lol :P

i would personally go straight to the source... give usamps a call, and say that you ahve a busted amp you need to be repaired, explain the syptoms, and see what they can do for you..

I did.

Cliffnotes:

It said "Im a *see attached pic*"

douchbag.jpg

I did.

Cliffnotes:

It said "Im a *see attached pic*"

douchbag.jpg

You calling me a douch bag man? :finger:

Edited by SKunk9381

Ohhh.. sorry took it the wrong way I guess that was ment for flakko! HEHE lay the smack down!

HAHAHHA im totally confused here im just gonna back away slowly :lol2:

Ohhh.. sorry took it the wrong way I guess that was ment for flakko!  HEHE lay the smack down!

Well that depends on whether his avatar is really him or not. If it is i meant both of you. If not, its all you bro! :fing34:

hehe im a little off the wall. my bro thinks im high all the time.

Ok again Thanks for all your replies, I'll try to give them a call as soon as possible. But in the meantime, could it also be some kind of protection that came on and needs to be reset (relaying message from another board) ?

Ok again Thanks for all your replies, I'll try to give them a call as soon as possible. But in the meantime, could it also be some kind of protection that came on and needs to be reset (relaying message from another board) ?

Have to disconnected power to your amp by removing the power wire.. and I do the REM wire just to make sure. That is the only way I know to reset an amp! Let us know!

Umm... You saying I have a vagina? (Renegadesrun I assume this is in good fun? Did I offend you in some way)

Hey, I tried that but unfortunately still no luck :( . I know power is coming from the battery because when I go to hook up the power wire to the power input of the amp it sparks (after ground and everything else is hooked up) . Is that a good thing or bad thing?

I guess last resort is to call up USAmps. But I was really hoping it was a simple thing but i'm starting to think not :(

Edited by Flastunna954

Well.. Are you sure your Head unit is sendind a turn on signal? You hit it with a DMM or test light? IF you dont have either of these you can take a small piece of wire and junp from the + on the amp to the Remote turn terminal and see if the amp will power up. Also make sure your ground is still tight. If you have some test cable make sure by running the ground right off the battery! Hope this helps. These are just a few in a jam test. I do not reccomend hooking it up as discribed above any longer then it takes to test!

William

Edited by SKunk9381

Spark is good

That means the connection is a complete circuit

Looks like you knew where I was going with that.. Atleast in the Power Supply. Check or jump that Remote lead!!!

Thanks all again for the help, I'm going to go and do the remote jump test and hopefully that's what it is, pray for me guys LOL.

I'll let you know what happens!