Drmmr4life

Dual Skar VVX 15s Design?

I'll soon be picking up a second Skar VVX which leaves me to a new box build (:

It'll be going in the rear cargo area of a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I'd did it tuned somewhere around 33-34Hz and about 5 cubes after displacement

Subs up and port back

Will be using 3/4 mdf and the top will be a double baffle (2 3/4 pieces) and the subs will be countersunk

will be building an amp rack off the back (so facing the front of the car) but that really isnt part of the box design

Max dim are 40 wide 25 deep and 20 tall, (pref 15 tall though)

Everything I will be running is

2 Skar VVX 15's D4 wired to 1 ohm

Concept HPN-1500 (clamped clean at 1100)

Big 3 upgrade (to be done when i build the new box)

I do have a volt meter to check up on things

as said earlier, will be in a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

any help would be very much appreciated or suggestions on different specs (volume, tuning and such)

also would like some ideas on terminals

Is this for two 15''vvx . try this box 16''tall 40''wide 24''deep with a 5''tall 14''wide 18''deep port that would be like 5.07cf net tuned to like 36hz them skar subs kill the lowlows so you dont need to tune so low with them and thay will still get down. and put some more power on them.....

yes that for to, and do i just put the port on the botton centered? like a box per say? and i knew about the lows but didnt knew i could tune higher and stil get low cuz of it. thanks man! any chance you could through up a pic of the box (: other wise hopefully ill have it started this week

port on the bottom in the center on the box.......set your ssf on the amp at about 30hz and it will still getdown low

Here is where I would put them.

modern-toilet-by-benedeki.jpg

:lol2:

Is this for two 15''vvx . try this box 16''tall 40''wide 24''deep with a 5''tall 14''wide 18''deep port that would be like 5.07cf net tuned to like 36hz them skar subs kill the lowlows so you dont need to tune so low with them and thay will still get down. and put some more power on them.....

Taking the subs combined .34 cubic feet of displacement and the ports 1.069 cubic feet of displacement into consideration, that box would be about 6 net cubic feet. That's also on the small end of port area. I wouldn't put any more power on them because you won't be able to notice the increase in power unless its extremely significant (1,000 watts or so) and also I wouldn't take his opinion on "skar subs kill the lowlows" too much to heart.

That being said, I have no idea what your goal is for your box. But I can throw you out one that i would make which fits my goals ( won't necessarily help you but it would sure make me look candid).

19 tall by 40 wide by 24 deep would be external dimensions. I would make a slot port. So it's height would be 16.5 inches and i would make it 6 inches wide for a total of 99 square inches of port area giving you roughly 16 square inches of port area per cubic feet. This L-shaped slot port would be 30 inches in total length and it would maintain it's 6 inch width throughout the L. Net volume = 6.14 feet. Tuning frequency is 33.71hz.

It would work for me.

i like both boxes but i want a box down near cubes. my box is three and because of the power its a hair to big, and in the future ill be running more like 2 k to them

okay tell me what net cubic feet you want

id prefer 5 after displacement, that would be awesome, and i guess tuning up to you, but 36ish hz

Imagine that, Kevin doesn't know and won't respond. What an effin' surprise.

Is it possible to sell the one you have and buy two of something else? IMO that'd be the best way to use 5cuft.

Imagine that, Kevin doesn't know and won't respond. What an effin' surprise.

Is it possible to sell the one you have and buy two of something else? IMO that'd be the best way to use 5cuft.

why sell it and get somethin else?

The owner...

and you have 5cuft.

to owner of most companies isnt respon for making box designs for people. . . and i want it to be 5 cubes, the subs are going to be over powered and each one is reccommend to 3 so 6 is to big. . . i have more than enough space for some like 12 cubes

to owner of most companies isnt respon for making box designs for people. . . and i want it to be 5 cubes, the subs are going to be over powered and each one is reccommend to 3 so 6 is to big. . . i have more than enough space for some like 12 cubes

Actually, um, wow, nevermind.

Actually, um, wow, nevermind.

what? go ahead im in nowa defnding anyone lol. idk i figured owneres just dont give input, am i wrong?

Yes, all owners who have pride in their products and their customer service always help the customer.

Yes, all owners who have pride in their products and their customer service always help the customer.

i guess when you put it like that yeah. just most comanies now a days are money money money and because they are so big in businiess you never see them help people, good to know i guess

i guess when you put it like that yeah. just most comanies now a days are money money money and because they are so big in businiess you never see them help people

And I try my best not to support companies like that. Just my .02.

maybe seeing some SSA 15s or 18's in the future (: