SMpaintball78

hooking up 2 batts. in the rear tomorrow and have a few questions..

ight whats up guys. so im gearing up for slamology this weekend and want my aq3500 and hccas to be at the top of there game lol. so i did some trading around with some stuff i had and i picked up 2 new C&D ups12-270fr (75ah a piece) deep cycle batteris. now i also got a nice spool of xs 0 gauge flex and am doing a second run of 0 gauge to the back. so my quesion's are ...

1. when i have two runs of 0 gauge to the back and hook up the batteries, do i put both runs of 0 gauge to one batteru and them connect that battery to the other, or should i put one run of wire to each battery?

2. i have 1 fuse from my alt. to my battery, and one fuse on each run of 0 gauge to the rear batteries (2 total).... so do i need to get two more fuses? ( one for each positive between rear batteries and amp)

i know i need some more amp hours in my rear bank but i think ill be good for just this weekend. for those who dont know, my electric is now a 250amp alt, big 3, optima redtop under the hood,two runs of xs flex 0 gauge wire to the back and 2 c&d ups12-270fr 75ah batts in the back. im looking at a solid 200ah....... im running 1 AQ3500.1@.5ohm on 2 orion hcca 15's. im installing this all tomorrow after work SO PLEASE COMMENT BACK ASAP! lol

Thanks guys!

If your smart with the volume and only demo with the engine on you should be able to have safe voltage with that electrical.

should be fine, watch your voltage tho.. and if it starts protecting. adjust your self.

just run 1 run of each to each battery then make a jumper to wire them togather....

also. you should fuse between tha rear cells and the amp.

it never hurts to put fuses in, as long as they are they right size, your just protecting things even more with each fuse

should be fine, watch your voltage tho.. and if it starts protecting. adjust your self.

just run 1 run of each to each battery then make a jumper to wire them togather....

thanks for the answer! i would have texted u but as u can see, its too much to text lol. and damn looks like im gonna be dropping some $$ on fuseblocks tomorrow haha.

thanks for the answer! i would have texted u but as u can see, its too much to text lol. and damn looks like im gonna be dropping some $$ on fuseblocks tomorrow haha.

i make mine.

I wish I could lol.

Also when doing a jumper from one bat to the other, I do positive to positive and negative to negative correct? Or just positive to positive and each battery have its own ground ..?

i prefer to do jumpers for both,

Alrighty thanks guys! Another successful Q&A lol

Just checked the fedex tracking number and they were delivered 10mins after I left for work this morning lol. Ill make a short video once I her them in :)

run both cables from front to rear batt #1 positive.

Parallel both batts together in the rear( keep the fuse out of these cables when doing that)

Run your AQ power also to batt #1.

Run your AQ ground to batt #2.

ground your batts to car ONLY FROM batt #2.

No need in fusing between the 2 batts unless u are careless about mounting your cables.