Sign in to follow this  
allConfused

magnum vs IDmax

just out of curiosity, how would you say the magnum d2 stacks/sounds compared to a 12 inch idmax V.3 D2

great topic, I think they are very close in performance, but the IDMAX has had some trouble with cooling and voice coil alignment

i was debating between IdMax and D2 and i chose D2 :) suposedly its just a notch better than the IdMax and its cheaper.

both are excellent, and I would be happy to run either :D

I hate threads like these. Thank God it won't be a flame war on this board!! Never heard a Max, but it's ID so you know it has to be good. Wait a minute, never heard a MAG either, but I bought 2. Hmm...........

Max's and Mag's both look very nice I will say that, can't comment on the Max's sound though...

i will comment on the IDMAX, the good and the bad...

first off this is not a bashing on ID just what i have saw and hands on.

ive always loved ID subs there the type of company that just make good stuff.

so here we go....

ive installed a few idmax over the years and all of them sounded awesome and slam. BUT all of them died so i started getting worryed and talking to other installers. were i bought the subs i talked to the head installer and he told me ALL of the idmax they sold died. (so they stop selling ID after 12 years )

then i went to another store that sold ID in my area, and the told me the same thing. (and they stoped selling them too)

one of the installers told me it had to do with the voice coil rubbing the sides. he had one that he took apart and i got to see it for myself and sure thing it was bint were the coil goes.

now this is what i know from hands on......

remember im not bashing

jamie

its a shame because they have gone through 3 different versions and it is still haveing problems :thud:

The Max uses a TINY coil compared to the Magnum... I think people expect way too much power handling out of it, including ID with their rating.