AltimaSound

Will I be impressed with this upgrade

I am currently runnign 2 13kv2's sealed with about 450 per sub. I metered it at about 132 in the trunk of my Altima. i am wanting more output and am lookign at goign with 2 12RL-ps in a ported box with about 700 per sub. Will I see a noticable difference in output? Just wondering if spending the $450 bucks for new subs will be worth it.

I am currently runnign 2 13kv2's sealed with about 450 per sub. I metered it at about 132 in the trunk of my Altima. i am wanting more output and am lookign at goign with 2 12RL-ps in a ported box with about 700 per sub. Will I see a noticable difference in output? Just wondering if spending the $450 bucks for new subs will be worth it.

i dont know your current subs but if your thinking about going from 2 x 12s to 2 x 12s it seems worthless to me. ported boxes get louder.i see you have 2 options.

1.put your current subs in a ported box = more output less quality.

2. get a single soundsplinter 15 and give it all you can give it, my guess is that the ss 15 in a sealed box could handle 1500 watts (maybe more), sound absolutely amazing and be much louder than your current subs. but im the least educated round here so ask many others before you spend yo money :ugh2:

I noticed a difference going from a 13ov2 to my 12 rlp. Not much output wise cause the rlp is still sealed for now. But SQ wise I like it alot.

I would say to build a ported box for the 13kv2s first, if still not enough upgrade then

I noticed a difference going from a 13ov2 to my 12 rlp. Not much output wise cause the rlp is still sealed for now. But SQ wise I like it alot.

I would say to build a ported box for the 13kv2s first, if still not enough upgrade then

Well maybe I will just go with 2 of the 15: Rl-p with the 700 watts per sub, that should do the trick dont you think?

If you want more output, go with 15's not 12's and I would run at least 1500 watts into 4 ohms rms to each driver.

If you want more output, go with 15's not 12's and I would run at least 1500 watts into 4 ohms rms to each driver.

The webiste says 700 watts will get the subs to full excursion. Wont that be enough for good output? I dont have the money to invest in a second amp and an upgrade to my electrical.

The webiste says 700 watts will get the subs to full excursion. Wont that be enough for good output? I dont have the money to invest in a second amp and an upgrade to my electrical.

If you don't have the money, then don't go linear, The linears will push more air, but they cost a lot more because they are fitted with a ruthless motor design. The linear

Edited by 7

dual 15 RL-p's ported would be SWEET

i used to run 2 12" planet audio subs with like 250 watts each. They were in a sealed enclosure. Now i have a single 12" rlp in a big ported box with 800 watts going to it. Its a tad louder than both of the planet audio subs, while putting out way better sq. I think you should mess with your box first.

I think Kyle (Mr. 007) had misunderstood your question and thought you were referring to our RL-s drivers. In my experience, I will never recommend 1500 watts on an RL-p series driver. Sure it can be done, but that is "runnin in the red" so far as I'm concerned, and unless you are very responsible in your listening habits, you could definitely fry the RL-p if you keep that much juice on it for too long. Not to mention, it's not necessary for great performance and output, and will instead likely push the driver so far that it will produce more distortion than it would off of comparatively less power.

700 watts on the RL-p is a very happy place to be, especially in a ported enclosure. No question that two RL-p's (12's or 15's) in a ported alignment will get louder than your sealed 13kv2's - but as people have suggested, you might just want to try throwin' those kv2's into a ported box first and if you're still unsatisfied then move up to the 15's. OR, if you're satisfied with output but yearn for better clarity, you could consider the 12" RL-p's, but honestly if you're going to upgrade, do it right and run with the big boys! ;)

I think Kyle (Mr. 007) had misunderstood your question and thought you were referring to our RL-s drivers. In my experience, I will never recommend 1500 watts on an RL-p series driver. Sure it can be done, but that is "runnin in the red" so far as I'm concerned, and unless you are very responsible in your listening habits, you could definitely fry the RL-p if you keep that much juice on it for too long. Not to mention, it's not necessary for great performance and output, and will instead likely push the driver so far that it will produce more distortion than it would off of comparatively less power.

700 watts on the RL-p is a very happy place to be, especially in a ported enclosure. No question that two RL-p's (12's or 15's) in a ported alignment will get louder than your sealed 13kv2's - but as people have suggested, you might just want to try throwin' those kv2's into a ported box first and if you're still unsatisfied then move up to the 15's. OR, if you're satisfied with output but yearn for better clarity, you could consider the 12" RL-p's, but honestly if you're going to upgrade, do it right and run with the big boys! ;)

And Bib Boys you are referring to the 15"s? Now to figure out how in the hell I can fire 2 15's forward and the port in the trunk of my 05 Altima. I have a lrage openign behind the rear fold down seats and want to thave the subs facing that way. My problem is is that the height in that area is 15" so i would have to figure out an angled front baffle to put the 15's on. I am just nervous about rear firing and losing output.

If you want to make sure it is noticably louder go with the 15s. But I will tell you I had two e12ks, which by some say they are better than the 12kvs. They were the second gen k series with the tc motor. Anyways I had two sealed and went to one 12 rl-p ported and if there was any loss in output I could barely tell by ear. I did not run the e12ks ported together.

care to elaborate on the gain in low end extension? I know from running the 8"s my TC's had WAY better low end extension than my 9kv2s. even when I ran 8 of them ported in an 8ft^3 box tuned to 30hz off my colossus genXX :slayer: they just can't peak down low like the TC's can be made to ported if that's your intent :D for impressing people by ear and street beating lows are where it's at imo.

I'm curious if the RL's are the same way. I metered a guy here with RL-p 12"s sealed on my TL he did a 133 from a trunk cars backseat and trunk lining were not in. but the low bass was very nice for sealed. convinced my buddy to get a pair of Rl-i 12"s ran them sealed same thing, strong low bass. I LOVE that I hate when I play something like Lil Scrappy no problems and my DD or eD's don't like it... That's one of my favorite songs when I run my subs that pound out the lows. Can't listen to it at low volume on some subs... upper end extension is sacrifised a little but there are limitless midbass options available. SUB woofers are for subsonic frequencies ;):bigok:

Maybe you could us a different box design and get the results you want. I've been itchin to do a 4th order bp blow thru in a sedan I've just never had the time. Maybe this would be loud enough for ya and keep SQ just fine as well.

there is no reason to have more than 700 watts on an rlp their fairy efficient. I've got amps from 200watts at 4ohm to 2500 at 4ohm and my Rlp isn't any slouch on my PPI pc 22150 at 600wrms

rear firing will usually increase preceived output, unless your trunk is really dense and you have a gas tank where the backrest of the seat is.

new box first with current subs...

that don't work, move up. while i have zero experience with the 13kv's (aren't they supposed to be the 15's, like jl's 13w7?), i can tell u the rl-p's pound. loud and low! my single rl-p12 in 2.5ft^3 tuned to 32hz (i think, i'll have to look it up..lol) off 1200wrms did a 134 legal off a factory gm h/u. (this in a trailblazer however) so the potential to get loud is there. even with just one sub tuned low.

as far as ur trunk goes, usually firing to the back of the trunk is louder then firing forward.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yeah I would go with the 15's as well if you want more output but put them in a ported enclosure.

In a sealed enclosure they don't get as loud as you would want I'm betting. I'm pusing 1100 watts into one 15" RL-p sealed and I'm told thats right on the edge. 600 to 800 watts would be perfect for each 15".

My 15" doesn't have nearly the output as my room mates 2 12" Orion subs in a ported enclosure, but my single 15 sealed hit low notes like no other, is very detailed, and realistic with the kind of bass that blends in instead of over powering and moves your insides instead of allowing people 2 blocks down the road to hear me coming.

you should with out a doubt go ported for the output.