Sign in to follow this  
hardrock2401

few box tips

I have a non wall box for a 21 warden going in a 2 door blazer, I have two boxes saved as a design right now. Both are about 8cu after all displacements and have 120-130sq in of port. The box is set up for sub up port back.

My question is, would having the port on the side vertically facing the hatch make any much difference then if the port was on the bottom running length wise horizontally facing the hatch. I know each vehicle is diff and theres no telling whats better, but figured maybe the way the air moved would be diff or somthing.

Thanks for any help

It is another one of those try and try some more.

That being said, are you talking about running it horizontally across the length of the enclosure? If so you have to be careful to not make the port too narrow. I would say being that big of an enclosure that would be a long width to run. Ideally you would like to keep within a 9:1 length to height.

I know people have run. 1" wide port or been outside 9:1 and say its fine. I just prefer to build within those parameters.

IMO stay away from those skinny ports. There's a lot more air resistance since the interior surface area of the port is much higher vs something that is more square.