Sign in to follow this  
Pimp-Juice

Amping Mids and Highs

Yet again, i have a question. I am wanting to add more mids and highs to my setup, do i need a 2 or 4 channel amp to push em? Ive never done it before, never seen a reason honestly, but now i do.

Also, 5 or so years ago i did a brake job for someone and they paid me with an amp. it works, but idk if it will work for mids and highs or not. any help would be appreciated.

Amp- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Kicker-KX250-2-Amplifier-2-Channel-Amp-Crossover-/140737035274?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20c494bc0a

Yet again, i have a question. I am wanting to add more mids and highs to my setup, do i need a 2 or 4 channel amp to push em? Ive never done it before, never seen a reason honestly, but now i do.

Also, 5 or so years ago i did a brake job for someone and they paid me with an amp. it works, but idk if it will work for mids and highs or not. any help would be appreciated.

Amp- http://www.ebay.com/...=item20c494bc0a

That amp will work fine. Just get a set of components for up front and you will be set.

see, thats my issue... I dont want A set. I want tweeters, 6x9's and im seriously thinking of some 8's.

see, thats my issue... I dont want A set. I want tweeters, 6x9's and im seriously thinking of some 8's.

sounds like a bad idea

Components are a better option, unless you plan on going active. Also you will need more channels of amplification if you go that route.

sounds like a bad idea

why is that? Im not disagreeing with you, im just curious why you say that.

Edited by Pimp-Juice

Components are a better option, unless you plan on going active. Also you will need more channels of amplification if you go that route.

I do want to go active, but i want to make sure my ducks are in a row. Id hate to roll up to my first show and get laughed home lol

sounds like a bad idea

Unless you know what you're doing... Those are very hard things to "match" in sound.... And if you knew what you were doing then you probably wouldn't even think of that... A nice 2-way set should be more than sufficient.. If not, then maybe you can power the tweeters off the HU and the mids off the amplifier... But no 6x9 in the mix...

sounds like a bad idea

But no 6x9 in the mix...

Agreed a 6x9 coaxial and an additional tweeter is a terrible idea.

sounds like a bad idea

Unless you know what you're doing... Those are very hard things to "match" in sound.... And if you knew what you were doing then you probably wouldn't even think of that... A nice 2-way set should be more than sufficient.. If not, then maybe you can power the tweeters off the HU and the mids off the amplifier... But no 6x9 in the mix...

Right now i have 5 1/4s in the front doors and 6x9s in the rear, there kicker components. If i amped them, would it make a difference? Lol im starting to see im more then a rookie when it comes to this stuff.

I do want to go active, but i want to make sure my ducks are in a row. Id hate to roll up to my first show and get laughed home lol

Do you understand exactly what that means? You will either need a HU capable of working active or a 4 channel amp capable of it.

sounds like a bad idea

Right now i have 5 1/4s in the front doors and 6x9s in the rear, there kicker components. If i amped them, would it make a difference? Lol im starting to see im more then a rookie when it comes to this stuff.

Like stated... I'd say go with a good set and maybe forget the rears or use the HU to power the rears

Yes amp your front speakers not your rear ones. If I were you I'd sell all of the kicker speakers and get a nice 6.5" component set.

Thank you both for your help and advice!

this thread has also helped me with my decision of upgrading my mids and highs. thank you for the advice to the op lol

this thread has also helped me with my decision of upgrading my mids and highs. thank you for the advice to the op lol

:)

Thank you both for your help and advice!

Glad that Rick and I helped you guys out... And since you were so nice about it ... we will only charge you a flat rate fee of $250 .... We take cash only!!!

woot.gif