slow240sx

Dp 21" bandpass help

I got 2 21" death penalty subs. Anybody got any recommended 4th order box designs. I got 24 cu ft to work with. I was thinking of doing each sub in 2.5 to 3 sealed and 9 ported. And tuning the ported section to around 50 to 55. Let me know if you got any other ideas. I am looking for some better Spl numbers on music. Dont need it to play much under 30hz. Most stuff I listen too is around 35 or higher.

Then just run a standard 4th order ported. Will yield what you are looking for better.

^^ Yup.

Also, guessing at sealed volume and ported volume (and tuning) or simply choosing a ratio between the two without modeling is completely pointless...

it wasnt a total guess. i got a friend with similiar setup and he was using 2.5 sealed and was working for him. He did change around the ported side numerous times and adjusted the loading wall to get it to work right. Was just seeing if anybody else out there was using these subs in a box like this and what their opinions were.

A friend with a guess that is "working" for him is still a guess. And still will give up potential that you'll leave on the table had you just built a standard ported enclosure. The benefit you think you'll gain isn't going to happen.

ive had the subs for 10 months or so. Ive built 2 seperate boxes for them and changed the port around numerous times. Its not that its not working, im just trying to get louder...

ive had the subs for 10 months or so. Ive built 2 seperate boxes for them and changed the port around numerous times. Its not that its not working, im just trying to get louder...

And what exactly makes you think that the bandpass will do that for you?

What tuning did you try before? Port area? Volume?

im not sure bandpass will be louder. Was just looking to try something different.

right now, the box is 20 cu ft before ant displacements. both subs are in common chamber. Port is tuned to 34hz. The truck is peaking at 37hz. i got 330 sq in now and couple weeks ago i took away 45in of port and it peaked at 34. It sounded louder but went down 1 db on the meter