thegrad1112

looking to upgrade from havoc 15

looking for suggestions for upgradeing from my 1 havoc 15 to 2 12s or 2 15s or even 1 18....my budget is about 300$ ...im looking at some obsidians right now.....just looking to be louder than what i got now.....right now im running a 220 amp singer alt...1200 rms hifonics brutus amp and 1 havoc 15 in a 08 grand prix...had it db tested this morning and it hit a 143.1......sub and amp are for sale ...basket is broke on sub but still runs well....about 3 months of play...with proper break in.with box..250$ 150 for amp...its 1 month old

It's going to be hard to "upgrade" from a havoc with a 300 dollar budget.

i know it will be but im looking for about the same rms but more air space moving.....may even keep it if i can get a better box design to get max performance from it .....or even a better amp(suggestions)

Edited by thegrad1112

What kind of enclosure is it in now sir?

it is in a 3.5 cu box with a slot port in the rear of the box.its tuned for 35hrtz ....i no the port in the back of the box is horrible(the sub blows right outta the port) and thats why i want a new one .....i was not happy when i got this from the dealer i bought the sub from

Cool it should help.

That box looks awful, build a new one and I bet that you will be happy. That box does not have enough port area, and the port location isn't very good either.

i no right lol was not happy when i got this from the shop.......i hit a 143.1 with this box and looking to improve .any suggestions on boxes

Is your only goal to get louder? What space do you have available?

louder and a little deeper......the aa site recomends 3 to 5 cuft box ....planning to put the box in through rear door but i can assemble in the trunk if needed......max trunk demensions ..16h.x30w.x46d........max door demensions......24wide.x.26 h

i did 26h.x20w.x24d using 3/4 mdf on the fosgate website and it said it was 5.9 cuft Internal Vb witch should be enough for port ,bracing , and sub displacement?

I would download Torres box calculator. You can play around with the numbers and it's pretty straight forward.

Any idea what frequency you want to tune the box to?

:WELCOME: